Oxygen mask receiver hinge

phantomfixer

phantomfixer

What a great idea.....allows the mask to be hinged away from the face when not in use...at least I am assuming that is what it allows for...when wearing the 20P and not clipped on the right side, the mask is very close to the face...

post-155518-0-31413100-1525741733.jpg

mohawkALSE

I have one of those Ive been meaning to install on my 55/P CE helmet that came from SJ AFB. Ive seen them both on WSO helmets and the pilots that have the JHMCS setup. I think it will install with no mod, just replaces the usual black plastic spacer for the LW bayonet receivers. I was going to put an Anti Snag kit on it but that requires 1 or 2 more holes a side drilled.

• 2 weeks later...
mohawkALSE

Was going through my stuff and decided to snap a pic of the bayonet receiver mod kits. 1 is the Anti-Snag kit, which replaced the usual black spacer but also requires a third hole to be drilled. This kit was designed to prevent the riser from slapping/getting caught on the receiver when the chute is deploying. They're more commonly seen on USN/USMC helmets today but Ive seen some USAF helmets with them installed. 2nd is the LH hinged receiver kit which as you mentioned allows the mask to hang lower away from the face when not in use. Wonder if they will make a kit for the hinged receiver with an anti snag.

post-11373-0-51653400-1526691387_thumb.jpg

phantomfixer

Thanks for posting the anti snag kit...have not seen those......The hinge works very well on the 20P...not needed so much on the 12ps...but wouldn't hurt ...

• 2 weeks later...
phantomfixer

another style receiver...updated anti snag? A-10 pilot airshow over Miami video on youtube...

post-155518-0-77865100-1528048067_thumb.jpg

mohawkALSE

Those are the new adjustable/rotatable Gentex mask receivers. My buddy has them on his helmet as well as the high speed visor kit which appears this Hog driver has. That kit is a fat bumper across the brow of the helmet applied over the edgeroll to keep the visor in place better upon ejection. Also the visors are a beefed up version at the sides where the straps attach to. If you recall the standard 55P visor had 2 rivets and the piece of velcro at each strap attachment on the visor for the leather cover. The upgraded visors have like a elongated plastic shim where the rivets and velcro attach to now. If you go to Gibson Barnes you will see they sell those new Rotatable Receivers. Also Gentex has info on both those and the new upgraded visor kit/mod.

phantomfixer

Also noticed on the 20/P he has a fixture on the nose area, looks like a light, I have seen this in use on the JHMCS helmets...with the battery pack at the end of the hose...in this image the light is not plugged in, and not wearing a JHMCS helmet...

Is the light an alignment tool for the head in regards to the cockpit for JHMCS use?

post-155518-0-00485900-1528118779.jpg

mohawkALSE

Ive seen that on Gentex too, just a NVG compatible reading/cockpit light like how they have the mic light/ lip light for boom mics. I think that 2d pic is a WSO in the back seat of an F-15E from the Eagles training squadron. You can see he has the uprated visor with the long thick shims where the straps attach and the velcro is for the cover. Notice something else with both of those pics I don't have info on yet but have noticed a few times, the CRU has some new attachment above the mask fitting. Not sure what the model is, but its not a CRU-60 and not a CRU-94. I noticed on the AF images a few pics of F-16 drivers with them.

Have you seen the AF also uses a earplug headset now too like how the Army has been using CEPs in their flight helmets. The USN/USMC actually uses the CEPs in some of their fixed flight helmets. Saw some AV-8B drivers using them. The USAF version is a different brand the CEP and plugs inline with the CX-4707 headset coil cord with an adapter cable.

phantomfixer

Is this the connector you are referencing for the CRU? If so that is the battery pack for the light...If not, I will have to look closer at the video...
All the pics are from the same video...just a better screen shot from a different PC

I have not seen the earplug headsets...but talking with the life support folks...they have been told to no longer build a splice kit so the crews can listen to their digital gadgets in the cockpit...something we did as ground crew, but never thought aircrew would do the same..

I am out of touch with the newest generation of flight gear...just scraps of info that I pic up from the forum/online etc...so thanks much for all the info/updates.

..I had to google the 94....

here is the complete video of the A-10 over Miami

post-155518-0-94639100-1528200578.jpg

Ive seen that on Gentex too, just a NVG compatible reading/cockpit light like how they have the mic light/ lip light for boom mics. I think that 2d pic is a WSO in the back seat of an F-15E from the Eagles training squadron. You can see he has the uprated visor with the long thick shims where the straps attach and the velcro is for the cover. Notice something else with both of those pics I don't have info on yet but have noticed a few times, the CRU has some new attachment above the mask fitting. Not sure what the model is, but its not a CRU-60 and not a CRU-94. I noticed on the AF images a few pics of F-16 drivers with them.

Have you seen the AF also uses a earplug headset now too like how the Army has been using CEPs in their flight helmets. The USN/USMC actually uses the CEPs in some of their fixed flight helmets. Saw some AV-8B drivers using them. The USAF version is a different brand the CEP and plugs inline with the CX-4707 headset coil cord with an adapter cable.

Besides that, the USAF F-16's now use the CRU-120/P an updated version of the CRU-94/P.

See this PDF by Cobham on this:

http://www.cobham.com/mission-systems/oxygen-systems/military-aerospace-oxygen-systems/regulators/cru-120-oxygen-regulator/docview/

Cheers,

Ron

mohawkALSE

Ah, I didn't realize that thing on the CRU was the battery pack, uses to CR2 batts so I guess that makes more sense now seeing it. Looks like it uses 2 silicone cord keepers on the CRU. And good find on the CRU120, thats the one I saw in viper pics. I was on the Cobham site before your reply and didnt find that data sheet. Interesting piece.