There is a sog uniform and class A jacket on ebay. The class A indicates soldier was a bronze star holder. I am not sure about the jacket but perhaps someone with better skills than me can confirm a mike householder as been in sf. What intrigues me is the beret. The beret has a hand sewn bomb burst that is hand quilted and sewn onto a panel and subsequently sewn into the beret. I believe the shell burst has a chance. That is a known pattern bomb burst and it is identical to one on the special forces history website that is also hand sewn and quilted and sewn into a beret. What do you guys think? Pics are terrible but the beret is worthy of a second look.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-vietnam-green-beret-grouping/202304542232?hash=item2f1a4a5618:g:WTUAAOSw3uFa667n&redirect=mobile

I cant find anything in any of the who's who, green beret mags or on the raddix website on his name. But they aren't complete so its not definite.

Looks like a beret named to the same guy was sold a while back as the flash and band are different.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/named-green-beret-viet-made-flash-sog-1881747049

'A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon'

Always looking for Vietnam War US Special Forces/MACV-SOG jungle shirts/uniforms and OG107 Shirts/uniforms.

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Please do not add links with no pictures....the links disappear. Please add photos if you are going to post a link.

3.jpg

2.jpg

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

1.jpg

4.jpg

Actively collecting:

Also looking for:

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

5.jpg

6.jpg

Actively collecting:

Also looking for:

Found a john michael householder. wonder if it is him. Is it uncommon for the the arcom to proceed the bs on the ribbon rack if for instance the arcom is for valor and the bs for metit??

That John Michael Householder from Waco, TX was a special forces officer at the time in Vietnam, so unless the uniform is an officer's uniform, this is probably not the one.

Commissioned Officer, Infantry Branch

US Army

1961 – 1981 (20 years)

Active duty, 1961-1976.

Individual Ready Reserve, 1976-1981.

Special Forces and Ranger qualified; Master Parachutist.

From an article:

A personal friend, John Householder, told VFW magazine that when he saw the Pacific Stars & Stripes article on Okinawa, “It hit me like ton of bricks.” Then a Special Forces officer, Householder had gone through various Army schools with Ragin in 1961. “Ragin pulled strings to get himself assigned to a Ranger battalion in Vietnam,” he said. “He thought some of the ARVN in the unit were VC. Many years later, Ragin’s death was my inspiration for helping erect the Waco Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Texas.” Stone was born in Somerset, Ky., lived in Houston and raised a Methodist.

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

Found a john michael householder. wonder if it is him. Is it uncommon for the the arcom to proceed the bs on the ribbon rack if for instance the arcom is for valor and the bs for metit?

A BSM always has precedence over an ARCOM no matter if it was for valor of meritorious achievement/service. It is the higher award.

Did anyone also notice the unassigned collar disk? Would that be common for someone in the SF?

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

looks like a vfw ribbon....................dave

Check out this Ohio Military Reserve military readiness ribbon

post-109234-0-77463400-1525831611.jpg

Submarines once, submarines twice...

lZxHUjA.png

Looking for:

SUBMARINE STUFF!

• 3 weeks later...

Just email Radix. It may not be on his site but hell have him if he was SF in Vietnam.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Member:

ASMIC

OVMS

Primary interests:

The United States Army in WWII

The United States Army in Vietnam

My YouTube patch channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxXvNiUvwbB-e4i0gl-RrFA

WANTED:

WWII:

551st PIB pocket and shoulder patches

504th PIR real deal pocket patch 

I would like to throw out an observation. I spent a good bit of my career in SF both as and enlisted man and later an officer. Two tours in VN in which I spent a lot of time supporting B-36 and B-32 in the Delta and second tour supporting CCN operations out of the launch site at Phu Bai and Marble Mountain. That being said when we were issued our beret the first thing we did was cut the lining out soak it and fit it to your head then let it dry for a couple days, from then on it fit and looked great. I never saw any patches or such sewn inside the beret while serving as an NCO and never saw any berets such as pictured in this listing while supporting SF operations in VN. I am sure there are exceptions I just never saw it during my 25 years in the Army. When I see all these berets popping up with team emblems sewn in the beret I immediately become suspect. Just an observation. Attached is a pic of my beret from the 1965-67 time frame.

post-6022-0-29006100-1527897039_thumb.jpg

Whilst it was common to do as you said, it was also fairly common for members to leave the lining in and to add embroidery to the lining as well. Personal preference Id say.

Here is s good link showing many berets with embroidered designs.

https://specialforceshistory.com/category/headgear/vietnam-headgear/berets/

'A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon'

Always looking for Vietnam War US Special Forces/MACV-SOG jungle shirts/uniforms and OG107 Shirts/uniforms.

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

• 2 months later...