(Navy) Belt buckles that you might not want to be caught wearing

PhilippineBuckles

PhilippineBuckles

Okay -- for those too lazy to look it up the urban dictionary has the following definitions...

"No muff too tough -- An expression used to describe a person's complete lack of discretion in selecting those whom he/she chooses to perform oral sex on."

"Dive at five -- An phrase used to express total eagerness in the prospect of or opportunity to perform oral sex on a woman."

@Salvage Sailor -- Thank you for sharing part of the SEAL Oath. I never would have imagined.

I haven't seen the movie Lone Survivor, yet, but I just found a

of someone reciting a slightly different variation of the SEAL Oath on YouTube.

Okay -- for those too lazy to look it up the urban dictionary has the following definitions...

"No muff too tough -- An expression used to describe a person's complete lack of discretion in selecting those whom he/she chooses to perform oral sex on."

"Dive at five -- An phrase used to express total eagerness in the prospect of or opportunity to perform oral sex on a woman."

@Salvage Sailor -- Thank you for sharing part of the SEAL Oath. I never would have imagined.

I haven't seen the movie Lone Survivor, yet, but I just found a

of someone reciting a slightly different variation of the SEAL Oath on YouTube.
Sorry. Never heard of Urban Dictionary. Wont bother again.

PhilippineBuckles

My apologies Sigsaye, no offense was meant. The one absolute that I've learned in life is the Law Of Least Effort (i.e. humans tend toward whatever is easiest). I was lazy myself in my original post about this buckle and should have just linked to the Urban Dictionary so as to avoid mucking up the site with what some might find risqué text.

My apologies Sigsaye, no offense was meant. The one absolute that I've learned in life is the Law Of Least Effort (i.e. humans tend toward whatever is easiest). I was lazy myself in my original post about this buckle and should have just linked to the Urban Dictionary so as to avoid mucking up the site with what some might find risqué text.

I also, at times on various groups and pages, ask if google is not available In some peoples area. However with this, I assumed it was something I would not find with an internet search. Today did not start well. Had 150 bales of hay to move and stack, 2 horses needed to be hauled to a neighbor (an hour away), there was one of our cows standing in the front yard (break in fence), and, one of the trucks to haul hay would not go into reverse. It was 0700, hadnt had coffee and it was trying to rain. So, my apologies for a short fuse.

Steve.

Kurt Barickman

From 1973-1983, I spent so much time in Subic, I actually used the address of one of the bars there as a leave address! But, I used to love hanging out in the shops that made the buckles. They had boxes of blank buckles. The Craftsman would clamp one in a vise, coat it with (what looked like to me), liqued white shoe polish. Then, with a pencil, draw the design. These designs were mostly standard rating insignia. Custom work was drawn out on pieces of paper. Once the design was finished, they would start Tinking away with a small hammer and chisel set. Used to fascinate me. That and the tailor shops where they made patches. Loved that stuff.

Kurt Barickman

Subic Bay; let me count the way. Many memories and nothing I will post here. Thanks for posting the photos of the artisans on Magsaysay Drive.

Kurt

Salvage Sailor

Naval Bazar - Where fleet buckles and patches are born, Magsaysay Drive, Olongopo PI

Complete with Jeepneys, rolled sailor and PC in trail.....

Olongapo (1).jpg

• 10 months later...
easterneagle87

Love these subversive ones! Even though I was an oficer, and would've "obviously frowned" on such behavior, there is alweays the edge as to what can I get away with. I had a warrant officer show up wearing an name tag on his flight suite with what appeared to be "bush" wings. I think he'd just came back from Korea. I didn't pass judgement but should have probably said something due to the fact my PIC was an experienced female W3. Funny yes, appropriate - no.

• 1 month later...

Here's a belt buckle for the USS WASP CVS-18 from sometime between 1956-1972 that has been modified to show the WASP sinking. I wonder if it was one of the crew's way of saying it was time to decommission the ship. The WASP was launched in 1943, decommissioned in 1947, recommissioned in 1951, reclassified from CVA to CVS 1 November 1956, and then decommissioned for good on 1 July 1972. Thoughts?

If you have any other buckles that you think might get a sailor/soldier in trouble wearing, I'd love to see them.

My dad served on the WASP from 66-68

PhilippineBuckles

Here's a USAF buckle with a nude lady on it. The "F" is kind of funny looking with the lower horizontal bar looking like a faucet...perhaps the engraver meant it to look like something else....

post-170933-0-49451100-1577380502_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Any one remember the velvet paintings of your ship at the bottom in Naples ? As much as I hated the Davis I detested her image at the bottom........

• 1 year later...
PhilippineBuckles

I posted this "Divers Go Down" buckle in the "Philippine Made Belt Buckles" thread but I'll add it here too since it is likely that a USN Diver bought it to wear (but when not in uniform).

252787800251b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
PhilippineBuckles

Here is a USN buckle.  Looks like it might be the same engraver as the USAF buckles.  Based on other buckles, I think this was made in Japan.

265888972978a.jpg

Kurt Barickman
On 5/10/2018 at 8:04 AM, sigsaye said:

From 1973-1983, I spent so much time in Subic, I actually used the address of one of the bars there as a leave address! But, I used to love hanging out in the shops that made the buckles. They had boxes of blank buckles. The Craftsman would clamp one in a vise, coat it with (what looked like to me), liqued white shoe polish. Then, with a pencil, draw the design. These designs were mostly standard rating insignia. Custom work was drawn out on pieces of paper. Once the design was finished, they would start Tinking away with a small hammer and chisel set. Used to fascinate me. That and the tailor shops where they made patches. Loved that stuff.

Subic Bay; oh the memories of Magsaysay Drive and taking Jeep Mes up to Subic City. Unless you have been there, there is no words to describe it.🎉🍺😁

Kurt

• 8 months later...
easterneagle87

Current buckle on ebay now. Cool, but WWWAYYY tooo expensive!!

Rare 1940s WWII US Navy SAILOR ART BELT BUCKLE , starting bid: US $100.00

USN Naked buckle.jpg

• 3 months later...
PhilippineBuckles

This one isn't risque like the previous ones.  Not sure how much trouble this tour of duty souvenir buckle would have gotten one in but I wanted to give this thread a little love.

Picturing...Snoopy as the Red Baron for Philip A. White QM2 USNR Viet-Nam 67-68-69  This is a classic belt buckle from Hong Kong but the engraving is from an engraving machine which were used in Vietnam to engrave Zippo lighters.  This is the first time I've seen a Hong Kong buckle with this style of engraving. 

Picture1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 6:20 AM, PhilippineBuckles said:

Here's another Philippines made buckle. I can imaging someone wearing this to the bars, but I'm not sure I'd want to be caught wearing it while on duty.

post-170933-0-09495900-1525699225_thumb.jpg

This one reminds me of the scene/screen cap from "From here to Eternity".

2 hours ago, Big Iron said:

This one reminds me of the scene/screen cap from "From here to Eternity".

We wore much more “Graffic” than that on duty. This is pretty tame. 

• 4 months later...
PhilippineBuckles

Here is a buckle currently for sale on ebay (#335291860887).   I got a laugh out of it.  Hope it makes you chuckle too.  [I put it in this thread because I wouldn't want to wear it if this were my name.]

335291860887a.jpg