A Collection of China Marine Silver

Playing around with different backgrounds and brought together some China Marine related silver items. Left to right a silver plated Croquet trophy from Shanghai to a pair of 4th Marines. One of the personal-sized trophies awarded to each winning participant for the 1931 North China Marine v.s. Army shooting competion. There is a lengthy story behind this award and difficulties the Marines had in having them made locally that a fellow Fourm member discovered at the National Archives. A small Shanghai Volunteer Corps boxing award in the form of a silver cup to a Shanghai Marine. A Shanghai Volunteer Corps trophy to the American Company. A silver belt buckle with EGA made by the silversmith Teh Ling of Peiping. A baseball award for intra-Company play between the Tientsin Marines, c. 1939 by a Peiping based jewerly store. And lastly a silver Chinese made cup for a Marine with a large hand hammered EGA.

IMG_5264.jpg

Well. Ow I know why I can't find this stuff. You have it all! Impressive collection, thanks for sharing. Kevin

Beautiful silver Dirk. I'm happy you got the Marine/Army shooting trophy. The silver cup on the far right is a stunner. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Dick

Thanks Dick! Love the backstory of the trophy and I think the cup is from the Menegaux collection.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
jeremiahcable

Oh good, you found my sterling pint glass that I left there when I visited. I'm looking forward to getting it back!

Seriously beautiful stuff, Dirk.

That's what happens when up don't pick up after yourself J.....I believe you tipped me off to it....while I was traveling down an interstate ;)

• 4 weeks later...