Named Korean War USMC uniform

Blu1989

I was given this by a friend of a friend over the weekend who heard I collected named marine corps stuff. He had bought it years ago but now found he didn't have the room for it and after hearing about me decided to donate it to my growing collection. From what I could find there wasn't a date of manufacture inside the jacket but the pants that came with it were dated 1944. I have found the same marine's name stamped throughout the uniform about six times (once on the inner right armpit, twice on the belt, and three times inside the waist of the pants. The marine's name is H. R. Parmenter but without some kind of clue on the uniform like medal bars I have no idea which unit he was with or even if he served in Korea itself. Any help with info about him would be greatly appreciated. I hope you guys like this uniform as much as I do.

post-159863-0-11368000-1525634756.jpeg

post-159863-0-29318400-1525634768.jpeg

ParanormalTrooper

I found a Harry R Parmenter serving with the 1st Marine Air Wing during the Korean War, enlisted in 1950 and rose to Sgt within two and a half years.

Nice looking uniform!

I found a Harry R Parmenter serving with the 1st Marine Air Wing during the Korean War, enlisted in 1950 and rose to Sgt within two and a half years.

Nice looking uniform!

That's a great start! Thanks paranormal trooper for the info. I don't know my way around the marine air wing stuff like I probably should but did the 1st MAW see action in Korea at all? It will definitely help in order to figure out which medal bars SSgt Parmenter would've received for his service.

Submit a FOIA request through NARA. It's free and will tell you what awards he rated without the guess work