Unknown aircraft seat.

P-59A

Jumpin Jack

I'll throw out a SWAG and say it might be a Navy vessel command seat. But, then again, what do I know as I was only a ground pounder. Jack

:unsure: Ummm If this were Navy Command seat it would look like the throne of a god. KIDDING! I WAS ONLY KIDDING. IT WAS A JOKE! kind of. :P That center post on the bottom of the seat suggest it does swivel around. It had me thinking navigation or communication on an older bomber.

hbtcoveralls

Part numbers? Data plates? it does look like an aircraft seat but I'm thinking civilian flight deck seat as the military ones aren't normally this well made

Part numbers? Data plates? it does look like an aircraft seat but I'm thinking civilian flight deck seat as the military ones aren't normally this well made

My B-24/29 pilots seat is made well and has no numbers that indicate use in one aircraft or the other. The two have things in common. The one shown is not mine, but you can see what I mean. The construction strikes me as way too complicated to be civilian, at least nothing I have seen.

post-169522-0-62632000-1525638335_thumb.jpg