Camo ACH Authentication

BSRmilitaria

BSRmilitaria

Sorry I am kind of late getting back to this, the big problem I see is you have a odd combination. Early pads with a late chin strap, a chin strap that is used mostly by folks on jump status with a non jumpable mount. True the H nape is also used by people using heavy NVG's like 15 and ENVG but that is not the mount setup for either of them so why have a H nape? Combined with the overall clean look of everything I think this was just put together for resale.

On a side note the gold Norotos mounts are totally junk, even most conventional forces don't use them anymore. The bolt used to mount them sticks out to far inside the helmet and has been know to seriously injury the user. As a result you can usually find them even cheaper then the fake mounts. Like $2-$5 cheap.

Thank you for the clarification. I did not realize these chinstraps were for jump purposes. They are much more comfortable than the standard chinstrap, so I thought they were just a upgraded piece.

Also I am not sure what you mean by Heavy NVG. I have another ACH that has a similar chinstrap but slightly difference NVG configuration. Is this set up the correct variation?

post-170153-0-21441600-1525498463_thumb.jpg

post-170153-0-85256900-1525498481_thumb.jpg

post-170153-0-46524500-1525498509_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Cool helmet psywar04, respect.

Off topic, but I have noticed, might not be statistically true, but I feet I see more black chinstraps on OEF helmets than OIF helmets. Only counting post 2005 helmets, after the black chinstraps stopped being made, with UCP or OCP covers. Weird.

Cap Camouflage Pattern 1,

Thanks for the reply, the helmet in the above pics was the same one I used in Iraq in 2007-2008, hence the black chinstraps. The one I was issued for the 2011 Afghan deployment had foliage colored chinstraps, it was also textured and because of this Velcro didnt stick well, which is why I used my old helmet instead. Also sometime during the 2011 deployment I swapped out the issues chinstraps for gentex x straps, also in black, see attached photo, they cinched down better and made the helmet more comfortable with NVG on. I hope this helps.

post-106533-0-76448800-1537442224_thumb.jpeg

Here are a couple more photos of it.

Great pics and information all together. I have to ask, did you trade for or purchase that Aussie ruck? I've got a helmet from a guy in 1st Group who traded with the Dutch down range to acquire it. Always seem to be good stories around items like that.

Yeah we were working with a team from TF 66 of the SASR and I swapped an Eagle Industries assault pack with one of the guys. All kinds of trading took place between our guys in 1st Group and the Aussies. The guy whos helmet you have, you wouldnt happen to remember if he was in Uruzgan province pre 2010 would ya?

Yeah we were working with a team from TF 66 of the SASR and I swapped an Eagle Industries assault pack with one of the guys. All kinds of trading took place between our guys in 1st Group and the Aussies. The guy whos helmet you have, you wouldnt happen to remember if he was in Uruzgan province pre 2010 would ya?

Sadly this helmet doesn't fit that time frame. It was produced in December of 2011. It was at one point, painted red, white & blue as a joke, but was then painted over with camo again. I have the soldiers Team if you'd like to know that, but would have to go look.

BSR, what does the inside look like? Are there noticeable signs of use? It's hot over there. If it was used you'll be able to look at the pads and see dirt and sweat stains. The chinstrap will be stained. I've got my ACH that I wore through my whole Army career and wore on my deployment. It's not painted camo but has the multi cam cover and you can look at it and tell it's been heavily used. NVG mount has scratches from a scope. Nicks and dings all over the helmet. If it looks fresh, it probably is. The special ops guys that were with us on our FOB were always going out and seeing action. My buddy rolled with them as a medic. The were always busy outside the wire. So their gear showed it. Just my .2 cents

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

juodonnell2012

Sorry I am kind of late getting back to this, the big problem I see is you have a odd combination. Early pads with a late chin strap, a chin strap that is used mostly by folks on jump status with a non jumpable mount. True the H nape is also used by people using heavy NVG's like 15 and ENVG but that is not the mount setup for either of them so why have a H nape? Combined with the overall clean look of everything I think this was just put together for resale.

On a side note the gold Norotos mounts are totally junk, even most conventional forces don't use them anymore. The bolt used to mount them sticks out to far inside the helmet and has been know to seriously injury the user. As a result you can usually find them even cheaper then the fake mounts. Like $2-$5 cheap.

Just a note on the H Napes, myself and everyone who i was with that went through RFI just a few weeks ago received the H Nape chinstrap with their helmet. I believe that the H nape is completely replacing the old chinstrap styles.