1771 Spanish 'Bilbo' Cavalry Sword

IronJohnLogan

IronJohnLogan

I understand not an American weapon, but a weapon used in the American South West under Spanish then Mexican rule. This is an exact copy of an original Spanish Model 1728 Sword in the collection of the Arizona Historical Society. I made this for The Mission San Juan Capstrano in California for their upcoming exhibit of the Life of the Garrison during the late 1770s.

Second image is the original arsenal engraving from the 18th century

post-164397-0-66762200-1525378682_thumb.jpg

post-164397-0-02789900-1525378758_thumb.jpg

Jayhawker353

Excellent work, actually looks worthy of going to war with rather than that flimsy replica appearance we all know.

Yikees, that's as nice as the tomahawk I drooled over earlier. I remember the other one wasn't your creation. Do you folks do this for a living or as a hobby? I'll have to look at your earlier posts to see what I've missed? Thanks for giving us a look.

IronJohnLogan

Thanks sundance! Both me and my gal do bladesmithing as a living - Check out our past work at http://hammerseye.blogspot.com/ or on Facebook www.facebook.com/ironjohncopperrein
I try to keep my posts on here to topic of US Military - the links above have our other work too

IronJohnLogan

Thank you!
schmooser I did do a Scagel inspired knife about a year ago for a customer. He needed a short blade so he could carry it in New Jersey...

post-164397-0-36646900-1525778251_thumb.jpg