I like it but what is it? Early cloth Warrant Officer insignia/

Hello everyone, I took a punt at this 'patch' because I liked the looks of it (and still do :)). At first I was thinking it was a ruptured duck patch in bullion. But then I noticed that the 'duck' is clutching arrows which is something I haven't seen before. It may still be a ruptured duck but I'm not sure. The 'patch' dimensions are 4,5 cm by 3,5 cm (1 3/4 inch by aprox. 1 1/2 inch) At the back of the patch some (silicon?) glue is still visible.

Does anyone have a clue? As always all thoughts are appreciated.

post-169612-0-05278800-1525006124_thumb.jpg

post-169612-0-90425100-1525006138_thumb.jpg

Rene

Never give in - never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.

Churchill

Keep buggering on.

Beautiful patch. Nice find. Glad the smart folks here were able to ID it. I am a longtime member in good standing of the Shoot First Ask Questions Later Club. If something looks cool or interesting, and I can afford it, I'll usually grab it. Finding out later what it is is often fun. Especially when it turns out to be a winner like your patch.

Mikie

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Thanks everyone for clearing that up for me :). I guess I didn't too bad.

Rene

Never give in - never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.

Churchill

Keep buggering on.

WarrantMafia

That is an amazing find. Very jealous

Always seeking WW2 2d, 8th, 9th infantry and 3rd Armor Division medal groupings and patches. Also interested in Army Warrant Officer Aviator groupings.

donation2018.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif