Bullion WWII Theater Made US Army Patches - Soldier Show Actor / Entertainer

HistoryNut

Today I purchased an ID'd group that belonged to WWII era soldier that also was an entertainer. I purchased these items directly from his daughter and she stated that he served as an MP/guard and also a part time entertainer of the troops. I believe he was assigned to the 3rd Speial Service Company...I have a rubber stamp of his that has, "Script & Score" 3rd Special Service Co., APO 225 US Army.

I've googled and checked my patch books and have been unable to find any like the shoulder patch on his Ike or like the "Script and Score" Soldier Show.

I would love to hear from anyone that is is willing to share what they know regarding these patches.

Thank you very much in advance.

post-13256-0-68484800-1524940773.jpg

Tabs similar to your "Script and Score" one exist for other Soldier Shows that entertained the troops, I would assume that "Script and Score" may be the name of the troupe.

I've never seen this exact one. Unfortunately since "Script and score" is a rather common combination of words, especially in regards to musical theater, it may be difficult to narrow down an internet search.

Fantastic insignia the Motto On The SSI means Don't Let The Bastards Wear You Down.I love both of them and have never seen either one Great Score.Scotty

Many of these Special Service Soldier Shows had their own locally authorized patches, which are killers. As VZenke said, many consist of tabs that have the name of the program or show or troupe.

That is the first one I have seen for the 3rd Special Service Co. Really in super condition, too. You might ask the daughter (if you haven't already) if there are photos of him performing or paper work.

You might find this helpful:

https://archive.org/details/Fm28-105

HistoryNut

Thank you very much for the information and the kind comments. I posted the rest of the veteran's items and a short story in the grouping section. Again, thank you for taking the time to view and comment.

Best Regards,

John