Jump to content

1899 round tent question

Recommended Posts

During the mining war of 1899, federal troops occupied Kellogg, Idaho and held striking miners in a compound. I am looking at modeling a portion of the "Bull Pen" as part of a new project. I would like to know what was the purpose(s) of the round tents, seen at right in the photo? Does anyone have a better photo or drawing of this type of tent that I could use to determine dimensions?






Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

They look to me to be to round to be Sibley tents. I am not sure if I can see a Sibley pole at the top of the tent. It should be supporting an iron ring and the exhaust pipe for the Sibley stove. I think the tents pictured are called a pyrmid tent, seen in many ww1 camps?


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.