USAF crew chief tool boxes

phantomfixer

phantomfixer

Looks like a few ratchets 3/8 drive and a few sockets in the top try...bottom had no foam for the cutouts...most likely a speed handle or two and a multi meter to check for stray volts on the squibs...speculation ..

yeah I love the markings...and the box with the corner feet and the handles are more in line with a 40s/50s era manufacture tool box..but paint and markings look like late 70s to mid 80s..

maybe a tool box guy will chime in..

the inventory list is missing from the packing slip ...sadly LOL

post-155518-0-61462500-1538949264_thumb.jpg

post-155518-0-96983100-1538949270_thumb.jpg

Looks like a few ratchets 3/8 drive and a few sockets in the top try...bottom had no foam for the cutouts...most likely a speed handle or two and a multi meter to check for stray volts on the squibs...speculation ..

maybe a tool box guy will chime in..

the inventory list is missing from the packing slip ...sadly LOL

Yup, it was them darn ghosts again... :)

some AAF tools for the old boxes...found while trying to obtain GMTK tools...

1/2 inch drive 15/16 Wright socket AC coded dated 1942, -42

Plomb 9/32 drive breaker bar WF-7, WF= Wright Field contract

now...sadly, need to be on the hunt for 9/32 drive sockets

post-155518-0-78252000-1539201251_thumb.jpg

post-155518-0-04254500-1539201262.jpg

yeah man..!

Tools and mechanics get overlooked in military history...as I find more tools etc will post...one I have been meaning to post is a 1 inch drive 4 ft torque wrench...marked 1607th prop shop...imagine all the nights out on the line swapping engines and props ...on the Dover flight line...wind whipping, sun blazing etc...if that thing could talk

As a supply guy, I didn't use these tools and boxes, but I vividly remember sorting piles of sockets and other misc. tools that had been turned in so they could be re-issued.

• 4 years later...
On 4/23/2018 at 7:12 AM, phantomfixer said:

Thanks Guys...

Back in the day the USAF had OMS, FMS, and AMS maintence squadrons

Can't believe you would leave out MMS--without munitions, the USAF is just another unscheduled airline.....  Yes, you could FLY without MMS, but you certainly couldn't FIGHT!

34 minutes ago, Taber10 said:

Can't believe you would leave out MMS--without munitions, the USAF is just another unscheduled airline.....  Yes, you could FLY without MMS, but you certainly couldn't FIGHT!

Sorry my roomies at Ramstein were bb stackers and muzzle effers..darn good guys,, one got me hooked on George Jones ✌️