Which Artillery Cap patch is rarer?

HOF

I just picked up the 464th PFAB, so it took me a long time to get. The soaring British-made glider I picked up years ago, but I still think it is rarer. What do you think?

post-151977-0-07119900-1523999243_thumb.jpg

post-151977-0-07119900-1523999243_thumb.jpg

Both of the cap patches are tough to find. The English made soaring glider is harder to find than the US made soaring glider, but I consider both of them to be more common than the 464th Parachute Field Artillery cap patch. This is why.... It has been documented that the members of both the 321st GFA and the 907th GFA wore the white on red soaring glider cap patch. That means that twice as many soldiers wore it than the parachute cap patch with the yellow border.

You have been fortunate to have been able to pick up both pieces.

Allan

Airborne-Hunter

I've always called the soaring glider patches 401st pieces for some reason....the birth/death of misnomers...nonetheless, I've probably seen 3 or 4 of the gliders for every 464th. Took me years to find a 464th.

I should note that there are differing colors to the soaring glider and that some are much more rare than the 464th such as the MP Green/Yellow English made (seen 2), the orange and red ordnance USA made one (only seen 1 ever) and the orange + white english made signal (seen 1).

Best ABN

BILL THE PATCH

Never had a soaring glider, but I've had two 464th cap patches over the years. Never even had a us made soaring glider. But someday. Beautiful glider patch.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I have to agree with Allan you will find 8-10 soaring gliders before a nice 464th turns up.Scotty