Wedding Photos

Allan H.

I think that it would be very interesting to start a thread where we post photos of soldiers, sailors, marines, etc. who got married in uniform. I'll start out with a photo of two officers who married in World War II. The photo is of William and Stephanie Rader. The groom ended up as a Brigadier General in the USAF. The bride was an OSS operative in Poland. She was awarded the Legion of Merit posthumously after passing away in 2016 at the age of 100!

Allan

post-151-0-38141100-1523714454_thumb.jpg

Hi Allen, I like the idea. Here's my small contribution. It isn't actually a photograph as such but it's a small pocket mirror with a wedding picture on the other side. Unfortunately I don't have any info on the happy couple.

post-169612-0-02947000-1523717928.jpg

post-169612-0-94457400-1523717944_thumb.jpg

Rene

45gvt,

THANK YOU for adding those early cabinet photos. Those are super!

Hopefully, we can find some others. I know there are at least a couple of forum members who were married in uniform..... Maybe they will post their photos.

Allan

• 3 weeks later...
KRIS FORD

I got married in my summer Dress Whites..I'll have to upload a pic..(as soon as I can find one LOL..think at a box at my mom's..)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My paternal grandmother's older sister (my great-aunt) and her husband. First Service Command on left shoulder.

post-3661-0-21385800-1527526826.jpg

Same couple on the left with her other sister and husband as maid of honor and best man on the right.

The pic is a little blurry but I'm pretty sure that's a 45th ID SSI on his right shoulder.

post-3661-0-54978400-1527526944_thumb.jpg