Painted M-2 D bail on eBay

RonnieBigR800

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

"Original WWII M2 D-Bail Paratrooper Helmet (shell only). The shell itself is camo painted green with sort of an amoeba to it. I've seen similar camo styles on S. France helmets, but thats just a guess, I have no real history on the helmet."

ArchangelDM

Laughable and now his MO is out we are all a little safer - although some still a little light of pocket !!

Yours

Dean

RonnieBigR800

Laughable and now his MO is out we are all a little safer - although some still a little light of pocket !!

The sad part is Im pretty sure the M2 was real but only worth $7000. Then he paints it the first time and asks for $9000. Quite sad.

pararaftanr2

Here's a direct quote he included in the listing information he wrote for a 101st AB FB helmet he sold for $6,700 on March 28th:

Looking forward to seeing a nice long post on this helmet on a certain forum, who's self-proclaimed "experts" cant tell up from down when it comes to steel, and are obsessed with everything I post ;)

huntssurplus

Quite disgusting actually, I hope he finds himself unable to sell anything else. His reputation is basically gone forever, it seems he no longer cares though.

Hunt

TheGrayGhost

Knowing Jamie's skill as a forger, it makes me wonder if this was an original D-bail at all. The brazing is big enough to cover any evidence of fixed bail weld marks. The heat stamp is conveniently obscured.

He always uses the brazing. Not even convincing anymore and getting pretty old... Most of his alleged D-bail helmets were done this way, easiest way of not having to show the feet on the loops.

Here's a direct quote he included in the listing information he wrote for a 101st AB FB helmet he sold for $6,700 on March 28th:

Looking forward to seeing a nice long post on this helmet on a certain forum, who's self-proclaimed "experts" cant tell up from down when it comes to steel, and are obsessed with everything I post ;)

is that 101st helmet real?

cant believe hes mouthing off about is as well

• 3 months later...

is that 101st helmet real?

cant believe hes mouthing off about is as well 

I can believe it. Did JKash refund everyone? If not did anyone file charges against him? File a civil suit against him? If not this is the outcome. He is still faking helmets and selling to those who are not members of this forum and thus are none the wiser. Being the main thread was closed and locked it can't even be bumped for new members to find. He will continue to scam people because he is a con man. That is what they do. Hopefully it will catch up to him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RememberThe5thESB

So, I'm a bit of a newbie here. I'm guessing that this JKash fellow was once a member here but that he sells fake pots? Am I getting this right?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Burning Hazard

I can believe it. Did JKash refund everyone? If not did anyone file charges against him? File a civil suit against him? If not this is the outcome. He is still faking helmets and selling to those who are not members of this forum and thus are none the wiser. Being the main thread was closed and locked it can't even be bumped for new members to find. He will continue to scam people because he is a con man. That is what they do. Hopefully it will catch up to him.

I'm wondering if there's any proof that he is still faking helmets today? From his recent eBay auction, he wrote that he's selling off the last of his items from his collection, it sounded like he's done. His previous works of art though, will continue circulating in the militaria world for years like easy_green helmets.

Pat

I'm wondering if there's any proof that he is still faking helmets today? From his recent eBay auction, he wrote that he's selling off the last of his items from his collection, it sounded like he's done. His previous works of art though, will continue circulating in the militaria world for years like easy_green helmets.

Pat

Pat, there was the spin-off account Boogeyman Repro, but even that looks to have been a flash in the pan. Thankfully, most of his creations were well-documented through forum and instagram postings, so hopefully not too many people get taken in the future.

Jamie refunded many of his victims however, some others were not refunded and still others were too embarrassed to push the issue and yes, many of his creations could end up back in the system as people try to unload their mistakes.

The problem with the refund was that they had to send the helmet back to him. Makes sense on the surface but, now he has a chance to resell them through other means including, but not exclusively through, venues like Boogeyman Reproductions.

As for the original thread being locked, it was because many of our members could not master the art of discussion, they had to accuse and attack other members who had nothing to do with Jamie's deception.