Picked up some UNIS marked gear today

WWII_GI

I can remember the time when no one really wanted the "marked" gear.I would see purist chastise it as "ruined".A collector her and marine viet nam vet just goes "panties tight "when he sees a name,number or something stenciled on a nice or early piece of gear.I sat at a show with him once and watched him take out his nylon bristle brush from his man show bag and start to scrub a officers number off the back of a belt that was done in white paint as it was to nice of"condition" and all the items were 1942 "dated" to have a number on it.Sadly the pistol belt,holster,cantee with cover ,first aid pouch and carbine mag pouch were all war time carried/used by the officer.I knew the guy who bought it at the officers estate sale.I passed on buying it from the seller but in hinde site I should have bought it to save it from brush boy.

ArchangelDM

I can remember the time when no one really wanted the "marked" gear.I would see purist chastise it as "ruined".A collector her and marine viet nam vet just goes "panties tight "when he sees a name,number or something stenciled on a nice or early piece of gear.I sat at a show with him once and watched him take out his nylon bristle brush from his man show bag and start to scrub a officers number off the back of a belt that was done in white paint as it was to nice of"condition" and all the items were 1942 "dated" to have a number on it.Sadly the pistol belt,holster,cantee with cover ,first aid pouch and carbine mag pouch were all war time carried/used by the officer.I knew the guy who bought it at the officers estate sale.I passed on buying it from the seller but in hinde site I should have bought it to save it from brush boy.

Brush boy ( had me in bits )

But on a serious note what a shame

Yours

Dean