USMC Helmet with Graffiti

BigDogMilitaria

BigDogMilitaria

I picked this one up today. Collector was a hoarder, mostly newer surplus stuff (80's and later), and lots of it. There were a few cool things mixed in. I found this helmet stashed way in the back of a shelf behind a stack of cowboy hats. Glad i looked.

The graffiti is a take on Psalm 23, and looks period to me. Liner is a Westinghouse.

post-52765-0-24402200-1522877931_thumb.jpg

post-52765-0-89776700-1522877931_thumb.jpg

huntssurplus

Nice helmet! I can't quite make out what the words on the back say, any idea?

Thanks for sharing,

Hunt

Nice helmet! I can't quite make out what the words on the back say, any idea?

Thanks for sharing,

Hunt

looks to say "Yea Though we walk through the Valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evel (evil) for we are Marine Force Recon - and the meenest (meanest) mothers in the valley"

"WALFORD"

That without a doubt looks original to me. The black ink looks new, but that particular ink takes a lot to fade. Great pickup.

ArchangelDM

looks to say "Yea Though we walk through the Valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evel (evil) for we are Marine Force Recon - and the meenest (meanest) mothers in the valley"

"WALFORD"

Seems like he was illiterate

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Seems like he was illiterate

well he was a marine ;)

seriously though nice helmet

Are the chinstraps clipped or sewn on (from the pics looks like clips) ? If clipped is it the black or green hardware?

Thanks

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Has anyone here got grafitti pieces with misspellings, would be interesting to see

- Dean

post-153751-0-89345500-1523123682_thumb.jpg

Oswalt

ArchangelDM

Whats also interesting is a comment trench made about the colour of the ink taking ages to actually dull down. Here the cover is nearly completely bleached out yet the colour remains strong on the ink !

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Whats also interesting is a comment trench made about the colour of the ink taking ages to actually dull down. Here the cover is nearly completely bleached out yet the colour remains strong on the ink !

Yeah it is pretty interesting, I did a little un-scientific test in my back yard and some inks went really strong and some, especially reds, disappeared after only a few days.

Yeah it is pretty interesting, I did a little un-scientific test in my back yard and some inks went really strong and some, especially reds, disappeared after only a few days.

I've helmets with the EGA stamp that either were almost completely faded with the cover or not faded at all. There is no in-between. The two types of EGA stamps (not really sure what to call the types) act completely different.