Hawaiian State Guard insignia

ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme

Here is a neat photograph that I found a few weeks ago.

https://digicoll.manoa.hawaii.edu/hwrd/Pages/viewtext.php?s=search&tid=498&route=basicsearch.php&sterms=hawaiian%20defense%20volunteers&s=browse#

post-122868-0-84514200-1522850172.jpg

From back of print: Commanding officers of Oahu Organized Defense Volunteer Units hold the meritorious service certificates awarded and presented to them by Lieutenant General Robert C. Richardson, commanding general, U.S. Army Forces, Middle Pacific, at inactivation ceremonies, Honolulu Stadium, 4 July 1945. Left to right: Colonel Willard L. Doering, Businessmen's Military Training Corps (BMTC); Colonel Richard C. Tongg, Hawaii Defense Volunteers; Mrs. Marjorie S. Breffeilh, Field Director, Women's Army Volunteer Corps (WAVC); Lieutenant Colonel George W. Turner, Executive Officer, 1st Oahu Volunteer Infantry; Lieutenant Colonel Cecil J. Murphy, Hawaiian Air Depot Volunteer Corps (HADVC); and Colonel Richard Penhallow, 2nd Oahu Volunteer Infantry.

Does anyone have an image of the 2nd Oahu Volunteer Infantry that they can add to this thread? I have a few other images but do not have authorization to post them.

ocsfollowme

With Patch Johnson's authorization I added two more images for the 1st and 2nd Oahu Infantry units.

post-122868-0-27240300-1522859794_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know of what insignia Mrs. Marjorie S. Breffeilh, Field Director, Women's Army Volunteer Corps (WAVC) is wearing on her arm? Smith and Johnson wrote about it on page 27 of their Orange book on state guard and defense forces. I was not sure if anyone had an actual image of the patch.

ocsfollowme

Special thanks to Patch Johnson for the Hawaiian Air Depot Volunteer Corps patch.

These are some rare insignia and with photo proof. Johnson's next State Guard book is going to be amazing and a must have for every patch collector.

post-122868-0-96635600-1522896942_thumb.jpg

From back of print: Commanding officers of Oahu Organized Defense Volunteer Units hold the meritorious service certificates awarded and presented to them by Lieutenant General Robert C. Richardson, commanding general, U.S. Army Forces, Middle Pacific, at inactivation ceremonies, Honolulu Stadium, 4 July 1945. Left to right: Colonel Willard L. Doering, Businessmen's Military Training Corps (BMTC); Colonel Richard C. Tongg, Hawaii Defense Volunteers; Mrs. Marjorie S. Breffeilh, Field Director, Women's Army Volunteer Corps (WAVC); Lieutenant Colonel George W. Turner, Executive Officer, 1st Oahu Volunteer Infantry; Lieutenant Colonel Cecil J. Murphy, Hawaiian Air Depot Volunteer Corps (HADVC); and Colonel Richard Penhallow, 2nd Oahu Volunteer Infantry.

lamarhooten

Been waiting for the book for awhile. Can't wait! Have a pic or two possibly in it myself. I hope folks out there understand the rare ones they are looking at in this thread! Great pic too!

ocsfollowme

Thanks again to patch johnson. If you do not already have this book you should pick it up as several recent eBay patches for Mass. were in there.

post-122868-0-32660000-1522923652_thumb.jpg

On page 27 of this book you will see the image of the Women's Army Volunteer Corps

On the next post, thanks to Patch Johnson you will see the first published photo of an actual scan of the patch. This lineup of Hawaiian Territorial Guard patches is amazing.

Enjoy.

• 1 month later...
ocsfollowme

I just picked up this 1st Oahu Voluntary Infantry. According to a State Guard guru, it is the 2nd known example to be in a known collection (ASMIC, USMF, SOS, etc. community).

post-122868-0-10346200-1527105850_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
ocsfollowme

Here is a nice assortment of Hawaii State Guard insignia. There is actually a darker brown skin variation of both twill and FE. 

img20230508_18550423.jpg