Okinawa brigbacks

These items were brought back from the battle for Okinawa by Howard Eugene Tucker, USMC. Gene was my neighbor from the time I was born until we moved when I was 11 and was someone I considered family. We went fishing together & he pretty much got me thru the 6th grade when I had a below average teacher who didnt teach, just wrote things on the board & expected you to figure it out. Gene had me write down everything each day, bring it over & we would figure it out together. He also loved to tell his war stories. Since I was younger, the particulars of his service & which battles he was involved in didnt stick with me but wish now that I had the history of his service. Shortly before he passed in the mid 80s, we were in for a visit & he gave these to me. Said it was taken from the last Japanese he killed on Okinawa. Said they were on patrol in high grass & the enemy was jumping up & charging here & there at them. Kind like rabbit hunting as he put it.

Silk good luck belt sewn onto a pair of wool socks with blood stain from bayonet wound

post-161323-0-13739700-1522812371_thumb.jpeg

post-161323-0-04566100-1522812397_thumb.jpeg

Great items

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gif

Looking for: Washington and Oregon Coast Artillery items

Any items related to the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River and the Harbor Defenses of Puget Sound, 1860s-WWII. This includes items from Fort Stevens, OR; Ft Canby, WA; Ft Columbia, WA; Ft Worden, WA; Ft Casey, WA; Ft Flagler, WA; Ft Ward, WA; Ft Whitman, WA; Camp Hayden, WA; and the following units that served at these forts:
Columbia River: 33rd, 34th, 93rd, and 160th Companies, CAC; and 18th and 249th Coast Artillery regiments
Puget Sound: 26th, 30th, 62nd, 63rd, 71st, 85th, 92nd, 94th, 106th, 108th, 126th, 149th, and 150th Companies, CAC; and 14th and 248th Coast Artillery regiments

Coast Defense Study Group member & site representative for the Columbia River forts

ASMIC member

Great items! It's cool that it's from a close family friend!

Thanks for sharing!
Hunt

I am an amateur collector of US military items of the 20th century.

Looking for items related to:

-The Aleutian Island Campaign of WW2, Alaskan Theater, Alaska Defense Command, and more specifically the Battle of Attu

-Items related to the 50th Combat Engineer Regiment/Battalion

-Items related to Wheelus Air Force Base Libya, particularly from 1957-1960

-WW2 items belonging to service members from Northern Virginia

-WW2 Uniforms (all branches and services)

-Cheap/Throwaway WW2 named uniforms

-Smaller WW2 Groupings

-7th Infantry Division Items

-WW2 Photos and Letters (all branches, theaters, services, etc)

^^ PM ME!!

Instagram: @surplus_central https://instagram.com/surplus_central/

eBay: http://www.ebay.com/usr/giovachm

• 1 month later...

Here is the flag in its correct orientation.

祝出征田村庄八君 = iwai shussei tamura shouhachi kun

(given to) Mr. Shouhachi Tamura in celebration of departure to the front

post-161323-0-99680600-1522812538.jpeg

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

• 1 month later...