M44 Field Pack

iron bender

iron bender

A common piece of equipment, but I love repurposed webbing. This pack was manufactured by Protection Products Company in 1945. I have to assume Protection Products manufactured .30 ammo belts too.

post-166807-0-00252800-1522794932_thumb.jpg

Me too, love these packs. Many years ago in my ignorant youth, I bought a 1944 dated pack to use as a shoulder bag on a trip. Worked out so well, I carried it everywhere for 10 years or so. I beat the heck out of that bag. Then the internet and sites like this came along and I found out why it was made of 3 different colors of cloth. I still have what's left of it but use a more common 1951 dated bag for trips. I've never seen a transitional material 1944 dated bag since. Ignorance is bliss, and edumacation is, well, Doh!

Mikie

LOL Mikie , if you only knew what we tore up in the mid 70's WW2 re enacting...crazy :unsure: the weren't any such things as repro gear or uniforms.

I have a 1945 dated M1945 upper pack made in the transitional canvas of OD & khaki construction it is the only one I've ever seen.