The Beast ? or Something else....

Clohesey

Hello EGA Forum,

I recently picked up this OSH EGA along with a couple OSC EGAs. Its seems to be in fairly good shape, the globe is pushed in a little bit at the base of the eagle, and the screw post has a slight bend, that does not affect the threads at all. The ropes look to be in good shape. it appears to retain most of the original finish.

I'm still a rookie in the EGA collecting world and i'm seeking confirmation. I believe this to be "The Beast" Featured in Timothy Klies Book on page 123. Would i be correct on this identification? It looks like a close match, although the nut is different.

I am just starting my collection and education of EGAs, Currently reading a few reference books, and intended on sticking with cheap 1937 pattern and modern variants to start, then expand to some better examples later on, however i stumbled onto this batch for about $100... and felt fairly confident that this could be a good one. and a good price, so i jumped on it.

If this is not "The Beast" what could it be?

I am also interested in what the value would be on it, just out of curiosity, i don't plan on selling anytime soon, if ever. but would like to know in case im forced to let it go some day.

Here are the pictures, sorry about the quality, just working with a smartphone, and a loupe over the lens for the close ups.

Thoughts and Opinions will be appreciated, Thank You.

p314_orig.png

p313_orig.png

p323_orig.png

p325_orig.png

p326_orig.png

p324_orig.png

p316_orig.png

p331_orig.png

p328_orig.png

Too be continued....

Looks like the Beast to me. H&H made a higher quality version of this, as well

Definitely an original, and definitely a good price

Never rely on rollers...they got swapped so often they are a poor indicator

Brig, Thank you for the information, And the tip, i kind of figured that was the case with the roller.

Here are the two OSC EGAs that came with it, unfortunately not at match to the Beast, but i'm not complaining.

The one on the left is Hallmarked with the N.S. Meyer shield, it's a little beat up, the screw post is bent pretty good, i am still debating on attempting to straighten it out or just leave it alone. I believe i found a match on page 253 in Klies book, Identifying it as a P1937 Circa 1940's.

The one on the right is Hallmarked Imperial on one wing and what looks like the HH Star on the other wing, it didn't show very well in the photos. Also appears to be a P1937, i did not find a perfect match, but from the finnish, i'm going to have to say a 1950's manufactured piece.

p336_1_orig.png

p335_1_orig.png

p334_orig.png

p332_orig.png

p333_orig.png

The H&H Imperial dual hallmark was only used from 42-43

Even Better! Thanks for the Info, Still so much to learn.....