gulf war gear

Lt.

thumbsup.gif

Great photos of reference......I am trying to find a photo of U.S personnel wearing british pattern NBC suits

that were in the chocolate chip pattern, so I can post them here.

I saw them a good number of years back when I was in a local army surplus store, which is now closed and gone....soon after seeing these same suits, I came across an excellent photo of U.S personnel wearing them,

and if I remember correctly....they were Marines.

I believe it was a U.S Gov't purchase off of the U.K, but made in the U.S desert camouflage pattern of the time.

Cheers,

Duffy

thumbsup.gif

Great photos of reference......I am trying to find a photo of U.S personnel wearing british pattern NBC suits

that were in the chocolate chip pattern, so I can post them here.

I saw them a good number of years back when I was in a local army surplus store, which is now closed and gone....soon after seeing these same suits, I came across an excellent photo of U.S personnel wearing them,

and if I remember correctly....they were Marines.

I believe it was a U.S Gov't purchase off of the U.K, but made in the U.S desert camouflage pattern of the time.

Cheers,

Duffy

great pics. did you take them yourself? thanks for the help.

Lt.

No, I didn't take the photos, I didn't post them either....I believe it was another member.

How's your adventure of learning all this stuff coming along?

Duffy.

Lt.

No, I didn't take the photos, I didn't post them either....I believe it was another member.

How's your adventure of learning all this stuff coming along?

Duffy.

its coming along great, getting my gear in 15 days! I'll post some pics if i can find a camera and hook it up to my computer.

its coming along great, getting my gear in 15 days! I'll post some pics if i can find a camera and hook it up to my computer.

just a quick question, if i bought a Vietnam flak vest, and put the chocolate chip cammie cover over it, would it look the same as the one that was used in the gulf war? and another question, did alot of the soldiers drop thier flak vests like in the vietnam war?

No, you wouldn't want to use a fragmentation vest from the Vietnam era period.

You'd want to get yourself a P.A.S.G.T vest. These are the ones in the woodland

pattern, with the adjustable shoulder protection. You would use the 6-Color desert

cover on this.

But, you could get away without the cover, as a lot of U.S troops can be seen in photos,

with and without the covers.

These vests can be found on a regular basis on Ebay, and in most cases.....army surplus stores.

I would recommend you go with getting one from Ebay, it may work out cheaper for you...if

preference in condition isn't that big of a deal.

Make sure you get one with a good date of manufacture though.

Any other questions, just ask.

Duffy

I've got a PASGT vest that I am willing to get rid of. I was going to put it on eBay for $40, if you are interested, drop me an email.

i am very interested hawkdriver. i had a problem reaching you by email, whats your ebay account user name??

i am very interested hawkdriver. i had a problem reaching you by email, whats your ebay account user name??

just another quick question. did any soldiers carry mp5's during the gulf war, such as special ops and other units like that??

Lt.

For your question on whether or not Heckler & Koch 9mm Para MP5's were used in the first gulf war......

Well, not by any regular troops to say the least, but for special operations units, yes.

I know that what I am about to mention is non-U.S related, but quite commonly the Brit S.A.S used these.

For U.S special operations, these would not have been used in the field, but more so.....during raids, captures,

etc. type missions....ie: SEALS, etc.

Having said this, one thing I should point out here......this is a sub-machine gun and not a rifle obviously,

this is why these weapons are more of a close quarters related weapon, the range on something like this isn't

the best....like it would be on an M4 or M-16A2, etc.

Anyhow, hope this answers your question somewhat.

Duffy

well, my impression is going to be my airsoft gear. and i was getting a mp5 aeg airsoft gun, m16a2 and m4 are way to expensive. might have to change my MOS a little bit. thanks for the help.

Not a common piece of gear, but this is a vest that was used in Desert Storm by some of the USSF. I have two of these vests in my collection. Both vests are dated 1984 and made by American Body Armor & Equipment Inc.

DS111.jpg

DS114.jpg

Lastly a pic that was originally posted by Mercenary25 showing the vest in use during Desert Storm. I have this picture in one of my books as well and it is identified as being the US Marines, but these look more like Army guys to me. Correct me if I am wrong guys. Notice the seldom seen modified 6-color jacket.

USMC_Kuwait.jpg

Not a common piece of gear, but this is a vest that was used in Desert Storm by some of the USSF. I have two of these vests in my collection. Both vests are dated 1984 and made by American Body Armor & Equipment Inc.

1984?!!!! think.gif this vest IILBV style system appeared at about 1988!!! something is wrong with your label...maybe a missprinting

1984?!!!! think.gif this vest IILBV style system appeared at about 1988!!! something is wrong with your label...maybe a missprinting

Right ... and wrong.

You're right in that this style of vest appeared as the TLBV around 1988 as *issue* webbing.

Private manufacturers often do not have to go through the lengthy process to get a design approved by the military. It is conceivable that ABA as a *private company* designed and sold the vest then army procurement officers looking at it and saying "hey, that isn't a half bad idea .." It's not the first time that this has happened - look at the F-16!

Of course the above is only supposition but knowing nkomo and his experience in this niche field, if he says it's 1984 ...

One thing you should consider getting is an ANTI-STARLIGHT desert parka, there is the shell.... which is the

actual pattern, and then the other part is the liner.....which in fact is the same liner used in the M65 Jackets.

The Night Desert Parka has its own specific liner which is materially identical but slightly longer than the M-65 version (I have both). I do not know whether you can attach a M-65 liner to the inside of said parka - I suspect those who didn't have the proper liner probably didn't worry about it.

The Night Desert Parka has its own specific liner which is materially identical but slightly longer than the M-65 version (I have both). I do not know whether you can attach a M-65 liner to the inside of said parka - I suspect those who didn't have the proper liner probably didn't worry about it.

think.gif hm....well...okay...i dont know..maybe....okay i'm with ya thumbsup.gif