Old grenade lighter. Practice Grenade?

Catfishcraig

some MAKER INFO
AF = American Fireworks Co.

G = if the G is "square in shape" this is the Grabler Co.also known as the Square Gee Co. an iron pipe fitting company

L or L in a diamond = Littlestown Foundry...they made over 3 million grenade bodies & also made mines and mortar shells etc....you will also see many of these "Diamond L" bodies made into cigarette lighters in the early post war yrs by the Kravitt novelty company

AR or ARco = American radiator Co.

C = The Crane Co.

RFX = Richmond Foundry Co.

Catfishcraig

some MAKER INFO

AF = American Fireworks Co.

G = if the G is "square in shape" this is the Grabler Co.also known as the Square Gee Co. an iron pipe fitting company

L or L in a diamond = Littlestown Foundry...they made over 3 million grenade bodies & also made mines and mortar shells etc....you will also see many of these "Diamond L" bodies made into cigarette lighters in the early post war yrs by the Kravitt novelty company

AR or ARco = American radiator Co.

C = The Crane Co.

RFX = Richmond Foundry Co.

This is exactly what I was looking for. The grenade has an L inside a diamond and looks exactly like the advertisement. I dont have it in hand yet but it has the original box and instructions. It also appears to have some yellow paint in a couple of places.

Thanks again Ron!!

This is a super fun thing! Love the add! Never heard of this before. Are these a fairly common thing?

This is exactly what I was looking for. The grenade has an L inside a diamond and looks exactly like the advertisement. I dont have it in hand yet but it has the original box and instructions. It also appears to have some yellow paint in a couple of places.

Thanks again Ron!!

Craig

Sounds like a great piece.

Catfishcraig

This is a super fun thing! Love the add! Never heard of this before. Are these a fairly common thing?

Not sure how common but I agree kinda cool.

Thanks

I have two out of a antique store. There filled with cotton batting inside. I was really disappointed you cannot install a fuse the threads are cut larger.