99th Chemical Mortar Battalion

Bsquirrely

Asking help from the list here for this one.

Does anybody have any info on the equipment and especially the insignia and patches used but the 99th Chemical Mortar Battalion in World War two?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nawakwacreek
Asking help from the list here for this one.

Does anybody have any info on the equipment and especially the insignia and patches used but the 99th Chemical Mortar Battalion in World War two?

Thanks!

My father was in the 99th Chemical Mortar Battalion. I have found quite a bit of information on the internet regarding their service. Including a 20 minute video that was through the Steven Spielberf Film and Video Archive that I found......but perhaps you have already seen this. Their also is a good written piece of where they were in their service in WW !! on the internet. The only patches I've seen are of the 4th and 7th Divisional patches. One is a white clover with red background, and the other is a triangular shape in blue red and yellow. I believe both of which I saw in the Patton movie. I have been searching for the last few years for the 99th Chemical Mortar Patch. But with no luck. The only depiction I have of anything to do with the 99th is on a mug my dad received when he was at an army reunion.

Hope this helps.

My father was in the 99th Chemical Mortar Battalion. I have found quite a bit of information on the internet regarding their service. Including a 20 minute video that was through the Steven Spielberf Film and Video Archive that I found......but perhaps you have already seen this. Their also is a good written piece of where they were in their service in WW !! on the internet. The only patches I've seen are of the 4th and 7th Divisional patches. One is a white clover with red background, and the other is a triangular shape in blue red and yellow. I believe both of which I saw in the Patton movie. I have been searching for the last few years for the 99th Chemical Mortar Patch. But with no luck. The only depiction I have of anything to do with the 99th is on a mug my dad received when he was at an army reunion.

Hope this helps.

Thank you I'll be looking for it.

• 7 years later...