WW1 Winchester Model 1897 Trench Shotgun

warpath

WW1 Winchester Model 1897 Trench Shotgun

One of my favorite weapons and this one is near new with handling wear only.

post-3653-0-02660600-1522327071_thumb.jpg

post-3653-0-31089500-1522327098_thumb.jpg

Funny that I heard the Germans put a bounty on all U.S. soldiers using trench shotguns.

Yes they did! You did not want to caught with a Trench Gun. They would shoot you on the spot! When I had mine, I was able to find some original shells. They do not do well with the plastic shell of today. Anyways we took it out in the desert a couple of times, talking about something wicked.

Very nice '97. I got a model 12 trench gun back in 1998 for $1300.00, I suspect all trench and military riot shotguns have risen in value. Would like to get a '97 as nice as yours someday.Thanks for showing.

Warpath, I hope you don't mind, I found a old photo of the one i had, not as nice as yours but original also. Wish I had this one back. Actualyl mine looks better in the photo then it actualyl was.

Sal

post-10083-0-14236700-1522337424_thumb.jpg

post-10083-0-72642300-1522337461_thumb.jpg

Very nice. I have a winchester with the kit put on. Still, it looks good with a bayonet on it and I don't think it would matter to any unwelcome quest. But sadly not original.

• 2 weeks later...

Warpath, I hope you don't mind, I found a old photo of the one i had, not as nice as yours but original also. Wish I had this one back. Actualyl mine looks better in the photo then it actualyl was.

Sal

I think that stock is from early 1900's. For fixed barrel models.

Looks good otherwise...