Aviator kit bag (again)

Dogsbody

Hi everyone, I know there are already several threads about aviator kit bags so I hope you all don't mind me putting up another one. I know next to nothing about crewman gear so I'd apreciate all the comments you have about this one. I'd be grateful if someone could explain to me what the info on the bag (besides name and ASN number) means. Anyway I like these bags very much :) .

Rene

Here are the pics

post-169612-0-13785000-1522261960_thumb.jpg

post-169612-0-08171800-1522261999_thumb.jpg

post-169612-0-46566400-1522262024_thumb.jpg

Oh, that's cool! Do you know what Squadron in the Aleutians he was in?

Thanks Bob for the info about Lt Hauck. To me it makes this kit bag extra special.

Rene

It looks like he went from officer to enlisted man after WWII, which was not uncommon.

andyenlisted.jpeg

Here's his headstone at Arlington:

stone.jpeg

From the photo that's posted, it would seem to indicated he spent some time in the post WW2 Air Force as an enlisted man. (Note the enlisted collar brass.)

From the photo that's posted, it would seem to indicated he spent some time in the post WW2 Air Force as an enlisted man. (Note the enlisted collar brass.)

He was career Air Force after the war, retiring as s Chief Master Sgt.

It looks like he went from officer to enlisted man after WWII, which was not uncommon.

attachicon.gifandyenlisted.jpeg

Here's his headstone at Arlington:

attachicon.gifstone.jpeg

Could there have been a special reason for him to get back to the enlisted ranks or was this more or less the norm after WW2? Or could this be related to the changeover of the USAAF into the USAF?

Rene

Could there have been a special reason for him to get back to the enlisted ranks or was this more or less the norm after WW2? Or could this be related to the changeover of the USAAF into the USAF?

Rene

At the end of the war they had more pilots than they needed then or a couple years later when the USAF was created. I've seen WWII Colonels who became Captains in the US AIR FORCE.