Frogskin7

Post your WWII USMC Displays!

Thank you! Yea that's me�, do you follow me on insta? And the 1911 is a pot medal body that ive been putting gi parts on to make it look more realistic exp. The barrel, grips, trigger, and magazine.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Yep! I'm @USHistoryCollector on the gram.

Gotcha, looks good from here, nice work!

-Ben

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gif

This Hawley set I purchased will be part of my Tarawa/Bougainville display

post-173712-0-59642500-1523215390_thumb.jpeg

The pieces to the Marine Display as of today 06/03/18. I still need a mannequin and I'm still debating on whether or not I should get P42 or P41 Trousers (Original of course).

post-173712-0-23047700-1528067300_thumb.jpeg

I also forgot to mention that I picked up some early Flat buckle M1941 Suspenders.

Here is a new setup of mine, my time has been extremely limited due to constant filming and Daddy duties so this small display has taken months to do.

Ive many mannequins to set up and lots and lots of USMC setups to achieve. When the new house comes so will my war room, it will then all be a permanent fixture.

In the meantime here is 2 set ups, first is an early P41 with rank on both sleeves, early flat buckle suspenders and a well used USMC M1 Garand. The back packs are the 1st pattern early D rings - both named and with a named 1st Division shelterhalf also named.

Second is my absolute favourite setup, an early P42 shirt belonging to Jack C Stirling 6th Division, he fought on Okinawa and his P42 is hand Camod in Black and Yellow. His name is on the back in marine corps lettering.

The whole shirt is filthy with camo, dirt etc and Im guessing was put away after the battle on Okinawa.

Matched with that is a first pattern set of P42 trousers also named. These are in amazing condition and it shows for reference a heavily used piece against one that maybe never saw any use. Note the strong yellow colour in the trousers that Stirling on the shirt has lessened by adding the black paint.

Added is Louis Castellanetas helmet who was a medic on Okinawa.

Look at the added hand camo on his helmet, matches Stirlings shirt. The black and yellow sand texture must have been a common camo to add on Okinawa.

The outside photo shows the yellowness of the p42s in sunlight.

There is also a Bar belt added that has no markings but a slight green camo added. The outside photo shows the mannequin wearing Harry J Wetterings helmet, he was a Bar gunner and saw extensive front line combat. Added is a New Zealand knife to finish.

Enjoy the pics

Dean

post-8861-0-99152200-1528578666_thumb.jpeg

"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions."

Always looking for ww2 USMC items, helmets and any camo'd items

"thinking outside of the box"

New website

https://combatusedmilitaria.com

Helmet is a mud camo USMC helmet sadly the name is unreadable

post-8861-0-68301600-1528579072_thumb.jpeg

New website

More to come when time allows

New website

I'm still looking for Original P42 trousers in used condition. It seems the only ones I find are mint.

Here is the kit. I have recently added and replaced a few pieces like the helmet for example. Im not gonna be using the rifle since it is 53 dated.

post-173712-0-56173100-1534778553_thumb.jpeg

Here's the new M1/Hawley Set that I'm gonna be using. It is a matching set with the 2nd Pattern Liner. Shell is dated to 5/42

post-173712-0-54939900-1534779048_thumb.jpeg

Hi, you have great collection. Here are some USMC items.

post-190323-0-62656400-1534876269_thumb.jpg

Dieter60

Here are a few pictures of my small but growing display. The thorn in my side has been a Depot made or UNIS marked shovel cover which Ive been after for forever. Im a 10th grade US History teacher in Alabama and display my mannequins in my class for my kids.

post-204479-0-35504100-1543159024_thumb.jpeg