PHOTOS: Field Desks

illinigander

illinigander

I wonder if anyone could provide me with a photo of a WW1 field desk? I am helping to do a French "75" display for the MVPA convention, and wonder if I could use my early WW2 desk instead. It would be a minor "backdrop" space filler. Thanks in advance.

Illinigander.

illinigander

Thank you aznation for the wonderful photos. Very interesting; as I wondered there seems to have been little change in their looks between wars. I will proceed with my project.

Illinigander

Thank you aznation for the wonderful photos. Very interesting; as I wondered there seems to have been little change in their looks between wars. I will proceed with my project.

Illinigander

You're welcome. I guess it's one of those rare instances where they followed the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.". Good luck with your project! Take care.

illinigander

Yes Lsparks, a French tube on a Willis Overland carriage. Was fired live at a cannon shoot several weeks ago in TN. Great piece, belongs to a friend.

Illinigander

Yes Lsparks, a French tube on a Willis Overland carriage. Was fired live at a cannon shoot several weeks ago in TN. Great piece, belongs to a friend.

Illinigander

Sounds like an interesting assembly! I'd like to see it, if you have pics. Thanks

illinigander

Lsparks- Alas I do not know how to post photos. If I had an e-mail address I could perhaps send several photos of it shooting. This was a first-time shoot held in Pelham (yes the CW artillerist),TN. Mostly CW guns firing, but a great time.

Illinigander

illinigander

Bluehawk- The photos I have are on e-mail or on my wife's I-pad. How does one go from these?

Regards, Ken

Bluehawk- The photos I have are on e-mail or on my wife's I-pad. How does one go from these?

Regards, Ken

The Tapatalk app makes photo posting pretty easy. From email, save to a device then post from that device.

Regards, Ken

In addition to what Lucas suggests, I simply send photos to my own email address from iPhone. Then I hot link (i.e. "drag") the picture from the email I sent myself, onto my desktop where it then appears as an icon (so to speak).

Then, I can resize it using our USMF resizer link, and copy/paste it on any post or thread.

Is that helpful?

It may seem a little primitive, but it works, every time.

illinigander

Thanks Bluehawk and Lsparks, we will give it a try when I have a little time. The world has passed me by.

Ken

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...