Post your ww2 marine uniforms

Mr.B

I'll drag out some more this weekend but here's a bit of a teaser of some of the other ones. Yes, I realize that not all of those shown in the picture are earlier than WW-II. I just didn't have time to move them around tonight.

post-1107-1229651370.jpg

Great stuff thumbsup.gif Have you got a name with the FMF HQ Corpsman tunic with the Legion of Merit ribbon?

Kurt Barickman

Kurt,

The photo isn't the greatest .... it's a navy good conduct vs. a legion of merit. The photo angle shows the shrinkage of the ribbon on the medal rack.

Thanks,

Tim

Nice 6th Division Corpsman, thumbsup.gif do you have a name with that one?

Kurt Barickman

Hi Kurt. As you can probably deduce from the photo taken through the glass, it's in a display case. I'll try to find some time later this weekend to open it up and look for one.

Kurt Barickman

Thanks,

I have a rare and out of print Naval Medical Doctors and Corpsman mongraph and if you give me the name I could probably give you some data on that great item.

Let me know.

Kurt

Great uniforms, guys. thumbsup.gif Here is my modest WWII Marine uniform collection; I hope you find it interesting. Here is my 2nd Marine Division tunic. It is not named, but notice the arm (communications?) patch.

post-70-1229884397.jpg

I believe this other uniform is late-war, because of the Vandegrift. First, the suitcase where it was stored when I got it. I continue to keep it there.
post-70-1229884675.jpg

Here's a couple more of mine. I've posted most of these previously about 6 mos to a year ago. The one immediately below is a 1st Division Captain. I have a photo of him wearing this uniform and a close-up of the photo is also attached below.

post-1107-1229889800.jpg post-1107-1229889810.jpg

This Major looks like he never left the States. It has custom made ribbons, pinback sterling Major's insignia. It's in almost mint condition and tailor-made with a trouser belt is made of the same wool as the blouse and trousers.

post-1107-1229890776.jpg

Charlie Flick

Gunbarrel:

Very interesting stuff there. Can you answer me this? What the heck was a Marine doing in Adak? I have never heard of any Marines serving in the Aleutians. That is a new one on me.

Great posts all.

Charlie