.45 short range ammo?

Backtheattack

Backtheattack

A friend of mine gave me two demilled rounds of .45 ammo. Both cartridge case are stamped FC 61, both are fired. When I had them in hand I noticed a lack of weight. Both bullets are only plugged in the case and both are not fired becasue they have no marks of a barrel. Both bullets are empty, no lead inside. Material is copper. Are they bullets for a short range training area? Or crap from reloading?post-104851-0-44593800-1521909305_thumb.jpg

post-104851-0-14057300-1521909323_thumb.jpg

post-104851-0-49293300-1521909333_thumb.jpg

Garandomatic

My bet would be that someone melted the lead out. Maybe an unfinished trench art project? It's temp is 700-800, the copper would melt in the neighborhood of 1900-2000.

My bet would be that someone melted the lead out. Maybe an unfinished trench art project? It's temp is 700-800, the copper would melt in the neighborhood of 1900-2000.

I concur. In the first photo, it looks like there might be a remnant of lead inside one of the copper jackets from when it was melted.

David Albert

[email protected]

I know very little about ammo but I recall a story an Air Force vet told me about an incident that occurred when he was serving at an air base in England in the early to mid 1960's. According to him an Air Police Officer went a little crazy and shot a jogger that ran past him on the base. The shot knocked the jogger down and they ran over to give first aid but the guy got back up as they approached him and was only bruised. Supposedly...the English Govt required the air police use low power or special bullets in their hand guns and that's what saved the jogger from getting seriously hurt. True or not that's the story I was told