M40 Gun Motor Carriage & M43 Howitzer Motor Carriage

Proud Kraut

• 4 weeks later...

Yard work is done (at least for this year) and it's high time to continue my modeling projects. After trying to achieve better results making the ponchos with "Paper Shaper" I decided to leave the rest of the figures as they are. Paper shaper worked well but the surface of the paper become rough when applying it to the figures. So I think when creating rubber like ponchos lead foil is the better choice.

Did some more paintwork on the skin and the uniforms of the figures today.

P.S.: The German figures are part of a project I started in our sister forum http://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/315194-stug-iii-ausf-f8-kharkov-1943/

191123_M40a.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice work Lars. I was wondering when you would come back to this vehicle and the figures in ponchos. They came out very nice. I can't wait til you finish this one.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 1 month later...

Kitbashing the crew of the M43 of old Tamiya figures, Poncho work again.

One Question: Would the M38 tanker helmet have been worn by Self Propelled Howitzer Crews (drivers) during the Korean war?

M43j.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work Lars. The weathering on the vehicle is outstanding and the figures came out great. I'm going to have to try doing a poncho; at least once. I can feel the rain coming down.

Semper Fi.

Manny