Does anyone have a VF-32 Fighting Bandits squadron patch?

ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme

Greetings,

I am working on a colorization photo. Does anyone have an original VF-32 insignia as shown? Thanks in advance. I believe it is the Fighting Bandits.

post-122868-0-84626500-1521638203_thumb.jpg

Other than the Ebay listing I cannot find anything which identifies this insignia as VF32, even going back to VBF3 and VBF4 prior to VF32. there are quite a few erroneous id's with his patches.

ocsfollowme

I do have a studio portrait with this insignia with VF32 next to the insignia. Unfortunately, the camera light created a good glare that washed out the center of the patch but it is verified that the OP insignia is in fact VF32.

Since I cannot find another photo of the patch and that no one has one...I didn't think it was going to be this hard....I wanted to publish my colorized photo 1st before letting the cat out of the bag.

I found a very small picture of the insignia in the "Official and Unofficial US Navy Air Patches from the 1920's to Now" book.

Page 15 It references the book put out by National Geographic in 1945 "Insignia and Decorations of the Armed Forces"

Hope this helps.

ocsfollowme

Thanks Johnny. I was surprised to not see any other photos of patches and just the studio patch with it being inverted.

I have the actual 8x10 photo and it appears to be decal applied to leather. Unfortunately, the flash lighting blew out the image on the patch.

post-122868-0-34437700-1522255185.jpg

• 2 years later...