1930's AAC Wings ? Opinions Please

Paul S

Here is another older wing (I believe), the image taken from an eBay listing some time ago. Does anyone have any specific knowledge of its origin? Note the interesting detail in the radiator.

Paul S

Paul, I believe that is one the badges made in Panama.........check with Cliff P. If I am correct the metal appears rather hard and probably does not polish up quickly. Still a good badge........and a nice variation.

Will M.

Paul,

Usually when one turns up the cast silver wing badge with additional hand finishing like the one you have is often mistaken as having been made in the China-Burma-India Theater (CBI) during WW2; however, Will is correct, they were actually made in Panama City, Panama ... and prior to WW2! It's a real keeper my friend! ;)

Note the picture posted below:

By February 28, 1928, old France Field, in Panama which was operated by the USAAC had taken on the appearance of a much more settled installation. The six hangers which had been authorized were all erected. In this picture a unique visitor was on hand: the Navy airship USS Los Angeles swings at a temporary mooring on the south side of the field.

post-4542-1231134777.jpg