USS PICUDA sub bracelet

with all the sections here on this site I hardly ever see anything to do with the silent service. I picked this off epay yesterday which belonged to a crew member of the USS PICUDA. the vets name does come up on the net with his picture. it has heavy wear to the face but, still is a scarce item.

post-73-0-07489500-1521390244.jpg

post-73-0-74635200-1521390312.jpg

David Vernon Dickey

Birth: Dec. 10, 1923

Ewing

Franklin County

Illinois, USA

Death: Dec. 16, 2015

New Hampshire, USA

New Hampshire Marriage Records, 1637-1947

Name David Vernon Dickey

Event Type Marriage

Event Date 11 May 1946

Event Place Dover, Strafford, New Hampshire

Age 22

Birth Year (Estimated) 1924

Father's Name Ralph Dickey

Mother's Name Muriel Smith

Spouse's Name Elizabeth Nesmith Blackstock

Spouse's Age 21

Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated) 1925

Spouse's Father's Name Joseph R. Blackstock

Spouse's Mother's Name Bertha Shepard

David V. Dickey, 92 , passed away at Concord Hospital surrounded by his loving family on Wednesday, December 16, 2015.

He was born December 10, 1923 in Ewing, Ill., son of Ralph V. Dickey and Muriel (Smith) Dickey.

David proudly served in the Navy as a submariner on the USS Picuda in the South Pacific during World War II .

After the war he met the love of his life, Elizabeth Blackstock. They began their marriage and family in Dover, N.H. Betty supported him as he obtained his BS and Masters from the University of New Hampshire.

In 1953 they moved their family to Charlestown, N.H. where David worked as Chief Electrical Engineer for Bryant Chucking Grinder of Springfield, Vt. In 1971 he moved the family to Concord, N.H. and worked as Assistant Administrator of the Department of Public Works for the State of New Hampshire retiring in 1986.

David was an avid skier, square dancer and dedicated family man. He was head technical advisor and laborer to his children's construction, renovation and new venture opportunities.

David was predeceased by his sister, Dorcas and his brother, James, and a son Brian Robb Dickey.

He is survived by his loving wife of 69 years Elizabeth; his brother Lowell and his sister Joybelle Craig. David leaves behind his beloved family: his son Dana and wife Linda of Keene, their children Kari and her daughter Adriana; daughter Kim and her husband Juan and their children, Amanda, Mel and Megan; his son Jonathan and his wife Kathryn of Bow and their children Laura and Sarah and her husband Jon and their son Camden; his daughter Beth Graf and husband Ken of Dover and their children Karen and Brian and his wife Brigid and their daughter Alana. David's greatest joy was spending time with his family whom he loved dearly. All the little feet kept a gleam in his eyes. His unconditional love and support will be missed by all.

"We thank you for the kindness, and times when you got tough, and papa I don't think we said I love you quite enough."

A memorial Service will be held at 10:00 a.m., Monday, December 21 at the Immanuel Community Church on 7 Grover St in Concord, N.H.

The cremation Society of New Hampshire assisted the family with arrangements.

Family links:

Parents:

Ralph Victor Dickey (1896 - 1970)

Muriel L. Smith Dickey (1897 - 1990)

Spouse:

Elizabeth Blackstock Dickey (1924 - 2017)

Children:

Brian Robb Dickey (1954 - 1966)*

Siblings:

James J. Dickey (1920 - 2010)*

Joybelle D. Dickey Craig (1922 - 2015)*

David Vernon Dickey (1923 - 2015)

Dorcas L. Dickey Milton (1928 - 2009)*

*Calculated relationship

Burial:

Cremated, Location of ashes is unknown.

Maintained by: Earl Dickey

Originally Created by: Nadine Robbins

Record added: May 26, 2017

Find A Grave Memorial# 179714187

David Vernon Dickey

Added by: Lois Tucker

David Vernon Dickey

Added by: Lois Tucker

man, that is great. the whole history some of which I already found but, some not. thanks! you hardly ever see any silent service items of ww2 to be had and hen I saw this bracelet, I grabbed it. a very scarce sub member item for sure.

post-73-0-79721800-1521407425.jpg

oh man--- his belongings weren't sold as a group. shame---------- but, happy as hell to have this. nice duffle!

Yes, that is a shame they weren't sold together. That said, my choice would've been the bracelet that you received. It's really a nice item.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow... love that bracelet! The bag is great too. It makes you wonder if there are any more of his items floating around out there. Great pick up.