Vet I met told me a story....

usmce4

I was at the VA the other day waiting for my number to come up for the lab and there was a guy with a "USMC Vietnam Vet" cap sitting next to me.

We exchanged "Semper Fi's" and eventually we started talking and he told me what happened to him.

He said he was dug in for the night, last man in his squad on the side of a road. During the night a NVA yelled out in english from the other side of the road:, "Hay Marine, why you fight? Come over here - we take good care of you." He said he yelled back "Ho Chi Min eats $h1t" the gook replied "LBJ is a son of a 81t#%"

They were in the middle of the road shaking hands when a 6-by came roaring down the road and hit them both.

:lol:

If it ain't true it ought to be!! Or as an old boss used to say "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Semper Fi

I remember that a good "Sea Story" always began with "This ain't no Shxx" and then the story would proceed.

Bill

I remember that a good "Sea Story" always began with "This ain't no Shxx" and then the story would proceed.

Bill

:lol: There ya go Bill

Heres one I use to hear...

You know the difference between a Fairy tale and a War Story...??

A fairly tale starts out "Once upon a Time....A War story starts out "This Ain't no Sh*it........... ^_^

dan_the_hun84

I used to as a kid hang out with my grandpa and his war old buddies (mostly WW2 and KW vets) at an American Legion (I was pretty much raised by him-we were very close) when I got old enough to hear thier tales fueled by 3-4 Pabst Blue Ribbons, my grandfather told me "now when these old bastards start telling tales, listen very closely- but subtract about 25% as bullshi#"

“So there I was...”

The rest of the group, loudly and in unison “NO SHXX”

What follows is assumed to be no less than 10% true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“So there I was...”

The rest of the group, loudly and in unison “NO SHXX”

What follows is assumed to be no less than 10% true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the way I heard it too!!

Bill