Need Information on this pair of USMC M-1951 Cold Weather Trouser Liner

treesuit

Good Evening Everyone,

I bought this very good to near mint condition of M-1951 Field Trousers Liner some time ago, and it looks like they could be used with a cold weather ensemble. They are stamped with a USMC Quartermaster Depot stamp of Feb 1951 or May 1951 and have a soft almost cotton towel like inside.

My questions are: Are these fairly rare and if so were they used quite heavily in the Korean conflict? Also are these part of a unknown cold weather layering system the USMC had?

As I recall from USMC history of the Korean conflict the USMC and Army had little or no way to deal with the sub freezing temps and cold weather injuries during that time, could this be a item that was fast tracked for marines and sailors in Korea?

Any help or info, or corrections to my theories would be really appreciated. Thanks

post-138122-0-89540700-1521084197_thumb.jpg

post-138122-0-07975700-1521084209_thumb.jpg

post-138122-0-70222700-1521084222_thumb.jpg

Maybe the USMC marked type have some appeal to Marine collectors but the liners are for the %1 field trousers which are very common.

This was part of a layering system which included the field jaket,liner,parka and liner etc.