Crusher Hat Sweatband Marking Hygicatan

oldtimecollector

oldtimecollector

I have a crusher cap that I have had for many years. The inside sweatband is marked Hygicatan, Antiseptically Made. Does anyone have any information on this? Thank for your help.

post-1972-0-05532700-1520878057_thumb.jpg

I couldn't find Hygicatan, but if you search for Hygieatan, you will find several hits. There is a 1938 advertisement in a Pittsburg paper for Brimful; hats. "Men like "Brimful's" overflow of style smartness its big, bold brim and wide bound edge its full, lining and antiseptically-made Hygieatan headband its four great colors, slate gray,..."

oldtimecollector

This is oldtimecollector's wife. My husband is the oldtimecollector and we have been working together for 18 years and he has been collecting for over 55 years. I do most of the typing, as he is not very good with computers.

I have listed and sold many hats and we have never seen Hygietan on a sweatband before. I wondered if it was just the maker that did that and we assumed it was to help with bacteria. This mark is on an olive drab crusher hat on the inside sweatband. It's not a big deal it's just that we were just wondering if other collectors had seen that mark on hats.

Thank you for your help, we appreciate your time to answer our question.

This is oldtimecollector's wife. My husband is the oldtimecollector and we have been working together for 18 years and he has been collecting for over 55 years. I do most of the typing, as he is not very good with computers.

I have listed and sold many hats and we have never seen Hygietan on a sweatband before. I wondered if it was just the maker that did that and we assumed it was to help with bacteria. This mark is on an olive drab crusher hat on the inside sweatband. It's not a big deal it's just that we were just wondering if other collectors had seen that mark on hats.

Thank you for your help, we appreciate your time to answer our question.

My pleasure! It was interesting trying to track down that term.