Milpar M7 with rounded back cut

PaulS

DeltaRecon226

I find it curious that many of these Milpar bayonets come with PWH M8A1 scabbards, which are Vietnam era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not have many M7s, but of the ones I have, there are no screws that have straight sides like the one you show. They may be out there though.

Marv

Hi, I'm quoting myself, because sometime after my comment, I acquired a Colt/Milpar which has the taller screws with parallel sides as shown by PaulS in posts #39 and 40.

Marv

DeltaRecon226- Milpar had contracts for M7s in 1964. 1966, & 1967. They went out of business in 1969, so the PWH M8A1 scabbards are correct for the Vietnam era bayonets. From Gary Cunningham's bayonet book. SKIP

Columbus Milpar made a wide variety of products. We tend to focus on bayonets and knives, well that's the name of our sub-forum. Milpar got out of the business of making items with blades circa 1969, but we shouldn't confuse that with them actually going out of business at that time.

I really have very little information in regards to Columbus Milpar. I suspect that if anyone accumulated much in the way of facts about them it was Gary Cunningham.

Besides knives and bayonets, I know they made flight helmets for pilots, both winged aircraft and helicopters, also cluster bombs.

At least during the late 60's, and possibly earlier they were a subsidiary of the Whittaker Corporation who had over a hundred acquisitions.

This is a cage code assigned to Columbus Milpar

Perhaps someone maybe able to use it to track down some more information about their history.

Hello,

we must not mess things up. The question of DeltaRecon226 related to his piece. I assume here that it is a piece that was produced between 1964 and 1967.

MILPAR never had a proper 90 ° backcut on the M7. They were always a bit rounded.

In addition, this production is easily recognized by the "chevron" mark on top of the latch plate. In addition, the blade between 1964 and 67 was cold-pressed and had its special features.

@ DeltaRecon226: has the Milpar M7 there such a mark?

Approximately In 1976/77 there was another series of M7 MILPAR with a long curved backcut. It is assumed that they were taken to fill an existing contract. Even here in the region, I've seen several of these Milpar pieces coming from US Army holdings.