Retired Army Noncom

These are the officers of the 15th Cavalry Regiment in 1903 which would have put them in the PI at that time. The 15th was organized in 1901. These could very well be the first assigned officers.

post-169486-0-63128700-1520721337_thumb.jpg

Retired Army Noncom

These are the officers of the 15th Cavalry Regiment in 1903 which would have put them in the PI at that time. The 15th was organized in 1901. These could very well be the first assigned officers.

attachicon.gif$_3.jpg

Very could have......

Retired Army Noncom

Neat picture. Are those names written along the bottom of the pic?

Yes, all the names from Lt's to Col E.M.Hayes.

Retired Army Noncom

Hi Ed

This is a great photo, but misidentified. It shows the 13th cavalry at Ft Meade S.D.

Kurt

That's a mis-identification I can easily live with. :):D Thanks...you the man!!! Wow!!!! 13th Cavalry Regt!!!

Ya made my day!!!!

Retired Army Noncom

The only place left to display it was on the door to the john and it's between the PI wall and the Mexican Punitive wall. The trooper below is a 2nd Cav trooper.

I remove the garrison belt from the tunic and I'm waiting on some original.38 rounds to fill in the loops on the M-1894 cav belt that's on the chair complete with a M1894 Colt revolver. It has a ser# under 4000 for that year 1894 but went through the mods up to 1901.

Those are 1906 30-40 Krag rounds in the loops.

post-169486-0-83119300-1520728672.jpg

post-169486-0-28724500-1520728657.jpg

A small snippet of info on those two officers, Col. Hays was transferred to the 13th cavalry early in 1901 from the 4th cavalry but did not join the regiment until July 24th 1901.
Cpt Corcoran was later appointed Adjutant in August 1903.

One last piece of info which might be of interest your photo was taken in November 1902.

Sorry Ed had not seen your other post on the calling card, very nice I like it.
Kurt

Retired Army Noncom

A small snippet of info on those two officers, Col. Hays was transferred to the 13th cavalry early in 1901 from the 4th cavalry but did not join the regiment until July 24th 1901.

Cpt Corcoran was later appointed Adjutant in August 1903.

One last piece of info which might be of interest your photo was taken in November 1902.

Sorry Ed had not seen your other post on the calling card, very nice I like it.

Kurt

Thanks again Kurt..........