US M1 HELMET & LINER ORIGINAL CAMOUFLAGE & PAINTED ID NUMBERS U.S. WWII CAMO WW2

mdk0911

Yep - this is very similar scenario to J Kash. Lots of helmets showing up and all with similar characteristics.

Buyer beware.

Note on the description by the seller which is a good guy says it may be postwar done. He is not trying to deceive anyone so if someone wants to pay that much I say go for it.

Marty

I see the LD 12-06 marking was when Law Dog painted it(most likely)I know he marked a lot of his helmets.He was/is a member here to as I recall.

Whats odd is who or when was the liner and chin straps removed?

Being it was a repro job to begin with the only reason to remove the straps and liner with the info in it seems to be to sell it for something its not...original verses copy.

ITALIANWARFRONT

Yep - this is very similar scenario to J Kash. Lots of helmets showing up and all with similar characteristics.

Buyer beware.

Before any more unnecessary insinuations are made I have to make a quick comment.

The camo helmet that started this thread was purchased by me personally during the SOS show set up from a gun dealer right across my table, Steve Klima was there when I got it, he saw , he like it and ask me to sell it. Is a real no questions camo and takes one second in hand to see it.

The other helmets added to this thread were in the late Arthur Angelini collection and I bought them from the son, a large number of helmets American , European and other that I have no idea what they are. The owner of this forum Bob Chat saw also this collection before me and can confirm.

the 29th art helmet was bought by a friend from Italy at the SOS show and he ask me to sell it for him on eBay, after I was notified of the situation I tried to stop the auction but eBay would not let me do it because was less that 12 hours from the end.

When the auction is over I will let the buyer know.

If you have more questions or Russian conspiracy theory you want to know feel free to contact me directly at www.Italianwarfront.com I have a wife, kids and a work and don't have time to paint helmets

Giorgio

Picture of 29th Division Helmet, before it appeared on ebay.

p222.png

Another Pre Ebay picture.

p223_orig.png

Picture of chinstrap sold by the same seller yesterday 3/9/18

p224_orig.png

USMC-RECON0321

Picture of 29th Division Helmet, before it appeared on ebay.

p222.png

Another Pre Ebay picture.

p223_orig.png

Picture of chinstrap sold by the same seller yesterday 3/9/18

p224_orig.png

Yes you are correct. Here is the link to the auction. https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-BRASS-BUCKLE-US-M1-HELMET-LINER-LEATHER-CHINSTRAP-AMERICAN-WW2-STRAP-/132520708297?hash=item1edad988c9%3Ag%3Aj-oAAOSwAwpalc-v&nma=true&si=P0oHYOLG7saDdsX7XZwg%252FNNtnqU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Gerogio, Have to call this into question then. So why remove the liner and chinstraps from the shell, if that was the known proof of it being a LD production? Or was the liner only a LD production and not the shell?

Yes you are correct. Here is the link to the auction. https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-BRASS-BUCKLE-US-M1-HELMET-LINER-LEATHER-CHINSTRAP-AMERICAN-WW2-STRAP-/132520708297?hash=item1edad988c9%3Ag%3Aj-oAAOSwAwpalc-v&nma=true&si=P0oHYOLG7saDdsX7XZwg%252FNNtnqU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Gerogio, Have to call this into question then. So why remove the liner and chinstraps from the shell, if that was the known proof of it being a LD production? Or was the liner only a LD production and not the shell?

Troy

This appears to be the marking of the shell when painted by LD that I reffered to earlier.I recall that the LD helmets were marked when painted to show they were not original period pieces.

Photo is from the completed auction.

post-342-0-25208200-1520741829_thumb.jpg

Paul Reijnders

The camouflaged helmet that started this thread was indeed purchased by Giorgio on the recent SOS show during set-up.

I had it in hand and I have no doubts about it, to me it's original.

Regards, Paul

USMC-RECON0321

Troy

This appears to be the marking of the shell when painted by LD that I reffered to earlier.I recall that the LD helmets were marked when painted to show they were not original period pieces.

Photo is from the completed auction.

Ron,

Okay thanks. I missed that. I wish everyone who made helmets would mark them like LD did on his creations. For example these markings just saved someone $1425.00

Ron,

Okay thanks. I missed that. I wish everyone who made helmets would mark them like LD did on his creations. For example these markings just saved someone $1425.00

kinda like a J Kash mark!! - to save of people alot of money