93 FIS real or repro

henkster312

Yours is from the same guy, Rosen. I forgot about the 93 FIS also being done. Here's a period one's back. The fronts usually look good, the backs give them away. Note all the solid cotton thread and smaller cheesecloth. Also, 95% of the period 93 FIS patches I've seen have a flaw or factory repaired flaw. Even this one is missing a tiny bit of snow under his foot. But it's the best I've found over the years, perfect ones seem non-existent.

Randy

post-8832-0-94614300-1520620735.jpg

Your 332 FIS is fine Henk. Don't panic now and think everything with some similar traits is bad. I'm pretty sure I named 90% of the known ones already. Of course, they are other repros out there, but those are a whole 'nother story.

Randy

You're welcome DD. Here's the comparison with the FE ones, top one is good one. Many of the same attributes, but all are done on a khaki base that frays easily. And they have enough synthetic thread that you could put it in the plastic recycling bin. Also there are German and Japanese made real ones as well, but the rears look nothing like this. The 431 is another that you see many flawed/repaired ones of.

Randy

post-8832-0-32423900-1520643189_thumb.jpg