Dug M1 from Italy

SDC

I have this posted above looking for some preservation advice, but thought the frequenteurs of this section may be interested as well. This was recovered from Mt Belvedere in Querciola, Italy and given to me recently by a good friend. This was the area in which the 10th Mountain Division operated in Feb. '45.

post-3625-1227025433.jpg

I have this posted above looking for some preservation advice, but thought the frequenteurs of this section may be interested as well. This was recovered from Mt Belvedere in Querciola, Italy and given to me recently by a good friend. This was the area in which the 10th Mountain Division operated in Feb. '45.

post-3625-1227025433.jpg

Neat piece! Can you make out the serial number?

Fritz

Neat piece! Can you make out the serial number?

Fritz

Unfortunately only the last digit is partially visible (a 9), other than that no markings can be seen at all, it's just too far gone. It's real value to me is in where it was found, my father was a 10th Mtn trooper who fought in this same area.

post-3625-1227192300.jpg

post-3625-1227025433.jpg

hello,

i ve got some great M1 relics as well (Hurtgen Wald Germany)

they looked the same as yours, rusted and unusefull...

but after cleaning them with "ELEKTROLYSE" they re now in SUPER chape...!!!

every part moves, even some original markings are visible now!!!

you should really try it!!! you just need water, salt, and a car battery charger.... search the internet and make your own "ELEKTROLYSE" toy!!!! it is used in museuls all over the world! It just removes the rust, nothing more, and nothing less

greetings

hello,

i ve got some great M1 relics as well (Hurtgen Wald Germany)

they looked the same as yours, rusted and unusefull...

but after cleaning them with "ELEKTROLYSE" they re now in SUPER chape...!!!

every part moves, even some original markings are visible now!!!

you should really try it!!! you just need water, salt, and a car battery charger.... search the internet and make your own "ELEKTROLYSE" toy!!!! it is used in museuls all over the world! It just removes the rust, nothing more, and nothing less

greetings

Thanks for the response. This same item is discussed at length in the Preservation section above and I've received similar advice from others. At the moment I'm leaning that way but still doing my homework.