paratrooper helmet 326 aeb relic

502PIR

Dear all

Sorry for my bad english , I'm french.
I have this helmet paratrooper. I clean it this weekend and I see "E" at left and right and white point at 9 o'clock. I see other white point in the front and back.
I found in internet that is it the C/326 AEB paratrooper. They are jumped with 3/506
I see other markage with black paint in the front of the shell : TORNADO. Is it certainly a nickname of the para.
Could you help me to identify this para please ?
Do you have list, photos with this helmet bfore d day, name of veteran which still exists of this C/326 ? or 3/506 ? because they are ine the same plane.
Thank you soo much
Regards

post-172188-0-39680000-1520415693_thumb.jpg

post-172188-0-41904200-1520415711_thumb.jpg

Brian Dentino

I would ask a Moderator to move this to the helmet section of the Forum. You are going to be asked for a lot of additional pics but I really think we are looking at a honest to goodness D-bail relic here. Hopefully someone will be able to identify it there for you.

USMC-RECON0321

Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but that d-loop seems to be very large and hangs down pretty far? Is it a field repaired loop?

juodonnell2012

If my memory serves me correct wasn't there another battle damaged airborne helmet posted on the forum a long time ago with "TORNADO" painted on the front? Maybe it's not a nickname but a unit wide marking?

Burning Hazard

If my memory serves me correct wasn't there another battle damaged airborne helmet posted on the forum a long time ago with "TORNADO" painted on the front? Maybe it's not a nickname but a unit wide marking?

Yes there was, except it was 82nd AB. It was owned by you-know-who, don't know if it's original or not.

post-8715-0-46012500-1520712577_thumb.jpg

just-a-good-ole-boy

The above 505th Jack o Diamonds helmet is indeed an original. I sold it to jkash and have since bought it back.

Steve

juodonnell2012

You beat me to it Steve, I found the original thread when it was purchased from you. It's definitely original. The helmet originally posted in this thread is really cool since it has the same nickname painted in the same style.

One of the most famous pictures showing a 326 AEB marked helmet is this one, obviously there was 326 members attached to the Filthy 13.

Jake McNiece (right) paints the face of Mariano Ferra van C-Comp., 326th AEB

post-117117-0-24529400-1520736294.jpg

Burning Hazard

The above 505th Jack o Diamonds helmet is indeed an original. I sold it to jkash and have since bought it back.

Steve

Thanks for the confirmation Steve, glad you got it back before it got some sort of funky camo wash on it.

Pat

Paul Reijnders

Hello 502PIR

Please ad close-up pictures from the inside / loops. Looks like a repaired one !!

Regards, Paul

All of the above comments seem to embrace my initial thoughts about this helmet. I.e. the D-rings seem to be sticking out a lot, and the Tornado stencil is a very familiar one.

To be certain it's authentic I'd like to see more pictures of the inside.

Hello all

Sorry I don't have mail of the forum that you post answer.

Ok see other photos. No problem with helmet.

I see the finish army serial number inside the helmet. The number is 43. We have one paratrooper in 326 aeb who the ASN finished by 43!!
Sgt james F. O'Laughlin !!!! it appartened of the C/326 1st Platoon.
I found information about it. Did you have more ?

15208472542143250620.jpg

http://www.image-heberg.fr/files/15208472542143250620.jpg

15208472991035796290.jpg

http://www.image-heberg.fr/files/15208472991035796290.jpg

What did you think about TORNADO so ? I see that you post other helmet with TORNADO...

Regards

RD

If somebody is interested to have it, is it possible. I search 502 of Normandy to deal.

Contact me by email

I'm waiting for the signification of the TORNADO :)