Large pile of Vietnam gear found - instant collection!

Username

Recently came across this bag of goodies. Lots of fun Vietnam field gear and uniforms. Very pleased to find a nice tropical rucksack buried inside. Nothing especially uncommon that I can see so far, but I have found what may be an example of the early OD poncho liners. Unfortunately the tag is missing and it's a little rough around the edges. I will upload more detailed pictures of individual items when I get some time, but for now enjoy the sneak peaks!

post-153820-0-67071300-1520352605.jpg

That's all for now! Hopefully I'll unearth some more cool stuff on my current business/militaria hunting adventure in the US! Any more Vietnam era finds I will post ITT!

post-153820-0-83095900-1520353083.jpg

Great find my compliments! was there an M67 Buttpack! That would of been the grab of of a lifetime :D.

Believe it or not, yes! Although I found it separate from this lot for a grand total of $20 ;)

Here's some pics of the m1967 pack, I think I may have already posted them once on this forum but here they are again!

post-153820-0-62724500-1520375093_thumb.jpg

There's a way to date the period of the M16 magazines, but I forgot.

If the OP will post pics of the floorplates, and followers, dating them has to do with the markings and construction of follower.

Yes, the paracord makes them easier to pull out of the mag pouch and out of the magwell. We still do that & Magpul molds them with a loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just arrived home from the US. Going to update this thread with the rest of my finds.

First off is this alice rig I found at the flea. I got it from a guy who was unloading a lot of 70's and 80's gear for really cheap. This rig only cost $3 and he later sold me another pile of suspenders, belts and packs for $30. I'm normally not very interested in post Vietnam era gear, but this stuff was too affordable to pass on.

post-153820-0-80560800-1521944452_thumb.jpg

Found this 1968 first aid pouch mixed in with the lot. It came attached to this belt which I think is also Vietnam era.

post-153820-0-31010600-1521945053_thumb.jpg