POW shirt

robinb

This shirt and hat were donated to my collection today. They both came out of a Klamath Falls, Oregon, surplus store decades ago. The thought was that they came from Camp White, Oregon, where German and Italian POW's were interred during WW2.

There's nothing special about the shirt other than the PW markings. The shirt has seen a lot of zig-zag repairs which is probably why it was down graded for POW use. The cap is unmarked.

pw1.JPG

pw2.JPG

pw3.JPG

pw4.JPG

vintageproductions

These are always cool to see all the different variants that are out there.

What kills me is that back in the day, you could hardly give these things away. I thought that was silly then, and finally, others came to the same conclusion...

General Apathy

This shirt and hat were donated to my collection today. They both came out of a Klamath Falls, Oregon, surplus store decades ago. The thought was that they came from Camp White, Oregon, where German and Italian POW's were interred during WW2.

There's nothing special about the shirt other than the PW markings. The shirt has seen a lot of zig-zag repairs which is probably why it was down graded for POW use. The cap is unmarked.

Hi Robin, nice to see your new addition I always liked this odd ball stuff that was all part of the WWII story. I have a couple of items marked up PW but they are all of the blue denim variety. One blue denim jacket I have was not a down-graded item as you mention about yours, it is like new, totally unissued, it's never been washed, the label is fully legible and dated 1940, obviously blue denim had dropped out of usage but still in stocks by the time POW's arrived in the US.

lewis.

easterneagle87

Awesome! I live down near Redding, so K-Falls is relatively close to me.

On another note, One of my old clients has one of the internment houses they moved onto his property.