CG-4/Waco panel

ian_

Here's a project I've recently finished (nearly). CG-4 panel. It now has the switch but is missing a placard for the landing lamps but otherwise complete.

post-162343-0-62340300-1520098663_thumb.jpg

post-162343-0-65361100-1520098693_thumb.jpg

Most folks will not appreciate the attention to detail that you've put into this and the desire to recreate something that for all intent and purposes, does not exist anymore. So, I do appreciate the work you put into this as a historical display and am very impressed. Good job!

I was lucky to find this item and am thrilled because my Uncle received his Silver Star during Operation Dragoon...

post-13070-0-92572100-1520452858_thumb.jpg

Brian Dentino

Now THAT is way cool! What a great idea.....how long did it take you to find the misc. dials/parts for this?

Thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated. That's a lovely piece, Ram957. The family connection really makes it. My aunt dug up a Heinkel He111 which had tried to bomb her as a child. A great satisfaction, although the raid went on to demolish the family shop in Birmingham.

The Waco instrument panel came across the Atlantic to the UK thanks to Swifter of this forum, having been found on US ebay by a Facebook friend in Turkey. It's a small world! The instruments were fairly easy to find, being less popular than the faster/higher rated fighter type gauges. The placards would have been the difficult parts to source, which got me interested in the first place. I like the fact it mentions C-47 by name.

• 2 weeks later...

These images come from Glider-borne's site. He used to hang out here but now seems to have moved on. He does have his own site and facebook account.

post-17422-0-22816000-1521682618_thumb.jpgpost-17422-0-22603900-1521682901_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
Glider-borne

Lovely control panel :love:

Nice find.

Missing switch is an AN3022-4B (two other are Switch AN3022-1B)

Seem to be a « late » production (around 44).