Help identifying what unit this Confederate Veteran was in please

skypilot6670

Got this photo yesterday out of an antique shop, his name in George Anderson, photo was taken in Winchester, VA, he has on a CV hat badge and a VA belt plate. Back mentions Formerly Highview, West Virginiapost-137056-0-25758300-1520097269_thumb.jpegpost-137056-0-32477200-1520097278_thumb.jpeg

everforward

Highview is just outside of Winchester on RT 259, about 15-20 miles. I will see what I can do.....I live in the area...

skypilot6670

Thanks for the reply everforward. I checked soldiers and sailors database and American civil war research database but could not narrow it down. It a really nice image , good detail and contrast. Thanks again. Mike

everforward

Hmm....VERY strong possibility. In fact, these Andersons may be the ancestors of a lady I know whos married to an old friend of mine. She (maiden name of Anderson) lived in her Grandmothers old house for many years, in Highview. Gotta be a connection here....

skypilot6670

That is him,his children don’t line up but I believe that a town of so very few people only has one George Anderson in the precise age range. Thank you very much for your help.Ya gotta love this forum. Now your help brings the image to life. Mike Fisher

WOW ! That’s The Stonewall Brigade. What a great image. Thanks Matt

Yes, Company D, the "Mountain Rangers" of "The Stonewall Brigade". You're most welcome Mike! Great picture too you have there!