Combat Vehicle Crewman's Helmet

Fratlanta

I know it sounds crazy but I was wondering if these 1990's CVC can be used to listen to music at home or in your car? basically is there some sort of adapter to plug them into to your ipod or stereo.

:blink:

I don't think that there are any purpose made adapters for CVC helmets. So if you wanted to get it to play music, you would have to add some extensive wiring into the helmet to make it work. Just for example, I bought a hgu 56 (helicopter helmet) from a veteran that had wired a headphone jack into the CEP system.

You might enjoy it more if you gutted the speakers and added new and improved ones. My driver used to tie-in a cassette player or a car stereo (forget which) into the intercom system of our Bradley so we had rock to listen to during gunnery. Imagine moving down range with a 25mm chain gun firing 200 rounds per minute while listening to AC/DC!

That being said, the speakers in the CVC were not a great quality and definitely no where as nice as a cheap pair of today's ear buds.

We did that too. Also had Metallica and Megadeath cranking as we crossed the berm into Iraq.

You might enjoy it more if you gutted the speakers and added new and improved ones. My driver used to tie-in a cassette player or a car stereo (forget which) into the intercom system of our Bradley so we had rock to listen to during gunnery. Imagine moving down range with a 25mm chain gun firing 200 rounds per minute while listening to AC/DC!

That being said, the speakers in the CVC were not a great quality and definitely no where as nice as a cheap pair of today's ear buds.

We did that too. Also had Metallica and Megadeath cranking as we crossed the berm into Iraq.

You gotta train like your going to fight! Nothing better than listening to heavy metal while riding in heavy metal!

In reflection of this, its interesting to me that as a collector I would recommend pulling out original equipment to replace it with modern civilian stuff. When I wrote my response, I just thought of the CVC as something I used and not as something as a collectible.

You gotta train like your going to fight! Nothing better than listening to heavy metal while riding in heavy metal!

Quite so. My Kpot said it all..

post-9647-0-30669200-1520268096.jpg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Quite so. My Kpot said it all..

attachicon.gifDSC03896.JPG

Love it! I'm guessing desert storm guys had a lot of time sitting around in the desert "hurry up and wait"ing to write on their helmets?

That's awesome HoovieDude. My favorite Megadeth album :) Glad to got to keep your Kpot!

-Derek

Kept more than that. Have my Choco chips, and CVC sets. Also have my OIF stuff as well. :)

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Kept more than that. Have my Choco chips, and CVC sets. Also have my OIF stuff as well. :)

Well done!