Washington State ANG Patch Questions

viking73

Hi Gents,

I recently picked up a lot of patches and insignia from a USAF Major who served with the Washington ANG. Included in the group (pictured below) are some patched I am not familiar with and I'm hoping you can help.

For starters, what is the large, square-ish patch with the radar scope supposed to be?

More to follow!

-Derek

post-5482-0-19429600-1519993071_thumb.jpg

Can the F-4 patch be tied to a specific unit? I know the 116th FIS never flew the Phantom...

Any idea of the California Freestyle patch?

Both of these are sewn onto velcro.

-Derek

post-5482-0-04049300-1519993201_thumb.jpg

And finally, what is the 111th ASOC SQN? I wasn't able to really find out anything about this patch/unit?

Thanks in advance.

-Derek

post-5482-0-50941200-1519993345_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info gents, I really do appreciate it.

Anyone have any idea about the radar patch??

-Derek

I think you have the radar patch upside down. If it's a WA based unit the coast should be on the other side. It would make sense as they are from the Tacoma area and that looks about like it on the patch. No idea what the writing is though, sorry.

Randy

If you invert it, it is 72-13. Certainly looks like a class patch. That was what I was trying to figure out..... I didn't think to flip it over. E1-22 turns out to be 72-13...... Must be a navigator training class patch.

-Ski

Boom! Found it. Yep, it is Navigator Training Class 72-13 out of Mather AFB. The map is of northern California and the star is Mather.

-Ski

Wow, very nice Ski! Thanks for the positive I.D. on the patch. I still don't know how you got 72-13 out of those symbols - and with me having the patch upside down - but great job sir. More good info on Major Ford and this group.

-Derek

Wow, very nice Ski! Thanks for the positive I.D. on the patch. I still don't know how you got 72-13 out of those symbols - and with me having the patch upside down - but great job sir. More good info on Major Ford and this group.

-Derek

Well thank Randy for figuring out it was upside down. I figured out the lettering but upside down!

-Ski

post-3043-0-12130900-1520436150.jpg