“Mint” M3 on ebay

jeremy69

that is a beautiful knife for a fake the ID line is all wrong, too small and no US and to many grooves and of coarse the chrome plating. The worst thing about is it so obvious, I know very little about M3s

I saw this on ebay. What I think is someone, maybe even Imperial post war, buffed the heck out of the entire metal on the blade. Where the ties are to Imperial is the "US M3", may have been removed at the factory for aftermarket sales, you can kind of make out the remains of the "3". Either way someone just buffed all the metal. The M6 scabbard, which is difficult to read may have been an L&C which was overstamped with those rosette pattern stamps we've seen before. I'm just guessing and speculating. What leans me towards all this is the 2 black spacers in the handle. Imperial used the black spacers for their blade dated M3s. SKIP

Sorry, was doing this on the phone and its hard to grab photos.

Interesting Skiph, other than the obvious chrome I figured the whole thing as a fake. The scabbard stichhing and coffin Staples didnt look right.

Did a little more research into the M6, it's not an L&C. Their scabbards have thin staples along the sides, not the coffin shaped. There are 10 staples at the throat, which can only be a Moose M6. I really suspect the whole kit is legit. Just either modified for some owner's individual taste, or done for Post War sales. Since Imperial wasted nothing as far as parts go, I tend to lean that direction. All any of us can do is guess, speculate, and discuss. SKIP